FS/FT 99 E39 528i Touring $4000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS/FT 99 E39 528i Touring $4000

Moving this thread to the proper section. Car does okay in the snow. It does not have snow tires (has all seasons so i guess some people consider that a snow tire) but the traction control works well. Bought it from an older guy in his late 60s and he took the M bumper off and replaced it with whats currently on the car. I guess the m bumper was too low and he kept scraping. Recent replacements are:

Under my ownership
    plugs are a week old.
    Struts/shocks all four corners - under 1k miles
    Throttle body MDK - under 1k miles
    TCC Solenoid and changed trans fluid - under 1k miles
    Chain tensioner - under 2k miles

Under the POs ownership
    Fuel pump - @165k
    MAF - @ 157k
    Steering pump - @154k
    Thermostat - @154k
    Lower control arm - @142k
    Left and right sway bar link - @142k
    LR and RR window regulator - @142k

car has 165k on it. was aligned not long ago. Pulls right now. shop doesnt want to take responsibility for it. Weve taken three cars there to be aligned this year (e39, e46, chevy pickup) none of which pulled right before and all do now. Paint on the hood and two roof spots is shit. If this doesnt sell by the time school is it out ill be respraying those spots. Interior could use a good scrub. driver seat is torn and the PO taped it. one of the buttons for the electronic seat is broken off but its still easy to use and all adjustments work. umm.. Sometimes theres a little squeak when the ac is on. Its not really noticeable if the radio is on 2 or 3. I do have everything needed to rebuild the vanos and valve cover gasket. but havent had time to do it between work and school. And the shocks need replaced for the rear door. And the intake boot is ripped at the ICV.... and.... I... taped it.. temporary till i buy a new boot.

The good is that its a fucking touring. Starts right up, smooth idle, never overheated while ive owned it, has the built in amp and is wired for blue tooth and a cd changer. Has the sweet ass luggage cover. Cruise control works. New struts as mentioned. Auto sunroof works and all windows are one click up and down (first time ive ever had this lol) and work fine.

You can see the dent here ^ and a close up below

Close up of the cut outs in the tint. The guy said he couldnt see out the back at night so he cut it out. like i said, dude was like 70

You can see the black tape on the rear bumper here.

the front seat with tape, tear and missing button

The "cup holders" are broken and he taped them also.... You can see some of the cracks in the wood if you look hard enough. And the cool flip door for the radio doesnt close with the deck on. If you pull the deck it closes but totally defeats the purpose..

front dent.

Ill get more pictures soon. Let me know if there is anything in specific you want to see or know about.

I could do a walk around of the car with a gopro if anyone wants me to go around it and knit pick it. let me know!
Working...
X