• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID this wire:

This wire:

Goes from the point were my spark plug wires converge to here:

What the heck is it?

It only connects to one of my plug wires with a weird ring-shaped connector.

It is wrapped in gold film and steel wire in addition to regular plastic housing leading me to believe that it shouldn't have frequency interference.

Pulse sender?

Comment

Cylinder identification sensor.

If it doesn't work the engine controls will not go into semi sequential injection and the only obvious symptom is bad fuel economy (wont turn on the MIL either) it belongs on cyl#6
      I'm Not Right in the Head | Random Rants and other Nonsense1st Order Logic Failure: Association fallacy, this type of fallacy can be expressed as (∃xS : φ(x)) → (∀xS : φ(x)), meaning "if there exists any x in the set S so that a property φ is true for x, then for all x in S the property φ must be true".

Comment

looks like smeone modified a set of eta plug wires to work with the I's electronics

Comment

Oops, wrong tech name.

Comment

I had to re-splice it (PO did a hackjob on my harness) but 300 miles later my check engine light came on.

Comment

Originally posted by structured View Post
              I had to re-splice it (PO did a hackjob on my harness) but 300 miles later my check engine light came on.
              That's weird, and probably a coincidence.
              I'm Not Right in the Head | Random Rants and other Nonsense1st Order Logic Failure: Association fallacy, this type of fallacy can be expressed as (∃xS : φ(x)) → (∀xS : φ(x)), meaning "if there exists any x in the set S so that a property φ is true for x, then for all x in S the property φ must be true".

Comment

Working...
              X