Seems like tradition. Attempt to fix one thing, find a worse problem lurking. Changing the valve cover gasket in the E46, luckily I noticed this at the front of the engine:

No idea how long it's been like that, surprised it hasn't grenaded itself with one of the bolts sitting in the bottom of the head and the rest way too close to the upper timing chain. I was looking at this kit (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-race-ger.../rgdvnsdk~rgm/) as well as some replacement hardware and an upper timing chain. Probably adding lower timing chain and all the front case seals while i'm in there.
Is that a good kit for the VANOS rebuild, or should I stick to OEM?

No idea how long it's been like that, surprised it hasn't grenaded itself with one of the bolts sitting in the bottom of the head and the rest way too close to the upper timing chain. I was looking at this kit (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-race-ger.../rgdvnsdk~rgm/) as well as some replacement hardware and an upper timing chain. Probably adding lower timing chain and all the front case seals while i'm in there.
Is that a good kit for the VANOS rebuild, or should I stick to OEM?
