E39 Tourings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E39 Tourings?

Anyone own them? I think Ben Careful had one; I am looking at a 528 or 525 versions.... any known issues?

Cheers-

The only problem that I know of, is the Rear Leveling Air-Bag things tend to blow out. Other than that I think they are pretty solid.

But I am know expert. I do know that Markseven, ZM BlueDevil and others on the board have owned them though. Hopefully they all pop in here.
    Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

id like to know as well. also is it difficult to replace the rear leveling suspension with say coilovers?
      www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

Devon,

Do you know if all the tourings have the self-leveling systems? I know it's a common problem on the E34 M5s....

Cheers!

Comment

Also, rear carrier bushings tend to wear out. Dunno how involved the repair is though.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

check out the e39 section on bimmerfest. The biggest crew is there.
            sigpic
            New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bavarian3 View Post
              Devon,

Do you know if all the tourings have the self-leveling systems? I know it's a common problem on the E34 M5s....

Cheers!
              I know the 540's and 528's have them...
              Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

The airbags are a non issue, the pumps never go out and new oem airbags are cheap and easy to replace. The rear hatch auto shut will go out but its about 100-150 to replace. The rear subframe bushings go out and they are pretty expensive and very hard to replace.

Comment

Working...
                X