Good Deal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Deal??

I found a e30 that is local to me, about 20 miles away. Its a 1989 325i, it is cirrusblau w/ tan leather interior. The car only has 107k miles on it. The owner is asking $2750. He says that he replaced the radiator, battery, plugs/ wires, and the fan clutch. The only problem is that the alternator is going bad. Also it is a automatic which is the only thing i dont like about it. The car has no rust on the body, and basically mint condition interior, no rips no scratches, and a crack free dash.

On to the crappy pics, it was dark out and this was the best i could do.
    I blurred out the plates and telephone number because I did not want to be responsible for his info being on the internet.

Last edited by noE30; 05-12-2009, 03:23 PM.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Sounds about right - maybe on the high side.
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

looks pretty beat up on the front end

no more than 2k
      Current Cars
      2014 M235i
      2009 R56 Cooper S
      1998 M3
      1997 M3

Comment

Automatic 325i with a smashed bumper/valence for $2750? Try half that, at least in socal.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
        MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
        | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Dude that is a RIP OFFFFF! I wouldn't pay more then $1500 and even then i'd feel a little bit like a chump/taken/sucka.

Comment

he did say that he would take less for it because of the alternator, I think the reason for the high price is because they are pretty rare to see in this area, especially with out rust

also what is an average price to a 5 speed swap? Thanks

Flickr

Comment

He must've marked it up since it's the rare V6 edition E30 ;)

Tell him someone swapped the original motor to a crappy inline 6 and that he should knock a grand off the price because of it!!
              -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
              '95 525iT
              '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
              '98 Disco 1

Comment

In better shape, $2750 would be a good starting price for a 107k auto with no rust, IMO. ... in a bigger city.

however...
                It needs a new alternator (??), a new bumper, a new front valence and a new foglight. Plus, you say you don't want an automatic.
                Do you like working on cars? You could do all of the above by yourself, and with someone's help you might consider a manual-swap.
                I'd be tempted, too... I know how seldom you get the opportunity to buy a rust free e30 here in the midwest, let alone a coupe that isn't black or red.

FYI, those seats are not real leather.

I'd offer $2k if I loved it. If the seller laughs at you, let it sit there another month and he'll call you back.

Comment

if he doesnt even know its an inline 6, he obviously doesnt know whats up with it mechanically. you can act like you know a lot about the cars and that this one isnt worth that because of blah blah

Comment

I wouldn't pay more than $1500. Also make sure you do a VERY thorough inspection on it before buying it. It looks like there are rust spots behind the valance and check the condition of the radiator support to make sure it's straight. Whatever wrecked the front bumper and valance could have done a lot more damage than you think.
                    stephenbrody.com

Comment

Let me know if you need a new valence, I have a straight one painted Cirrus with a tiny bit of rust in the corners... I can get it cleaned up nice though.

Comment

Taking another look at it I wouldn't offer more then a grand cuz of the major fucked up front.

Comment

Hmm, under $1500.
                          Originally posted by george graves
                          If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys

Flickr

Comment

to bad you live so far away. this would be a better deal.

i wouldn't buy that one you posts...
                              sigpic
                              "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Working...
                              X