Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another new member

Hello,

I've recently been itching to buy an e30 again. Ever since I was young I've had a fancy for the e30 models. Right now I have the money I need to buy a car (It's my birthday today!). I'm considering buying a e30 convertible, however if I find a regular model at a great deal, I might buy it. I've been looking over CL ads keeping my eyes open. There have been quite a few available in the Northwest Washington area.

Welcome to the club. Good luck with your purchase.

Comment

Thanks, It's pretty cool there is such an enthusiastic community for these cars!

Comment

Its a disease.

Comment

Also check:
          bimmerforums.com
          e30tech.com
          bimmerfest.com

Comment

Originally posted by 88e30is View Post
            Also check:
            bimmerforums.com
            e30tech.com
            bimmerfest.com
            nah
            http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
              nah
              :d

Comment

Originally posted by discord View Post
                Thanks, It's pretty cool there is such an enthusiastic community for these cars!
                in the top 10 of most obsessive car owners.

Comment

So is it appropriate to ask for advice on purchasing a car in here? I'm looking at a 87 convertible with 150k with a dent on the drivers door and he says it needs some work on the starter, but runs. What would you guys recommend I check before a test drive? I found a buyer's guide here. I'm not sure that I know how to check everything on that list. What do you think i should offer?

Comment

Check out Mac's vert: http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=138919

My buddy Andy (DashboardMonkey) did the manual swap, should be rock solid.

Welcome to R3V.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

That's a nice ride. Quite a bit over my budget. What do you think I should offer on the car I mentioned above? Anybody have any experience with starter issues?
                      Last edited by discord; 05-19-2009, 05:40 PM. Reason: details

Comment

Originally posted by 88e30is View Post
                        Its a disease.

Yea, big time! I got my first one 3 weeks ago and allready dropped about $400-$600 in parts. First thing to change would be the water pump, thermostat, and timing belt if its an m20. I lucked out and only had to put a new head on it, water pump, thermostat, timing belt, tensioner, distributor cap, rotor, fuel filter, FPR, fan clutch, spark plugs, intake boot, coolant temp sensor, and air filter.....but I only paid $425 for the car, and it is in pretty good shape. Everything works, other than the a/c needing charged, and the electric fan needing replaced, I need to stop. Either way, you are looking at about 2-3 grand on a decent E30, cabrios are a little more. If you figure the price you pay plus the parts and time needed it shouldnt add up to more than that. And really, the question is, what do you think of that car? Is it worth it to you? For a convertable, 3k minus the price and laborfor the starter, minus door and respray, equals offering price.

Comment

Working...
                        X