Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is so special about this M3 oil pan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is so special about this M3 oil pan?

Granted I've never seen an s14 oil pan but it doesn't look like this pan has anything special.

$1000 seems like way too much to pay for an oil pan.Aren't they $350 new for S14?

I'm thinking that guy just got ripped off pretty bad, but don't quote me....
    「 Terror from the Rising Sun 」

Comment

Its a motorsports style pan.
      Requires the removal of the A/C but offers I think 2x the oil holding capacity.

Its worth it.
      Below the radar...

Comment

You guys have NO CLUE about DTM Motorsport parts.
        The Oil pan from BMW is over $1500, it's longer, wider, baffled. This is the pan that they used on the DTM race cars.

$1000 is a great price! Aftermarket ones based off of that pan go for around $1000 and are not cast alm alloy.

I'm trying to find one now, this is the cheapest real one I have seen!

Comment

Originally posted by EVOIIIM3
          The Oil pan from BMW is over $1500, it's longer, wider, baffled. This is the pan that they used on the DTM race cars.

$1000 is a great price! Aftermarket ones based off of that pan go for around $1000 and are not cast alm alloy.

Hey now, I was close on the explination.
          Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
            Originally posted by EVOIIIM3

Hey now, I was close on the explination.
            Yea, you know I was not talking about you! When is you Dad going to fab up a oil pan?

Comment

We have a few designs in the works.....

Perhaps when we release our M3 Race and Street Mufflers..... :shock: :D
              Below the radar...

Comment

Working...
              X