tappity tap tap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tappity tap tap

I have a little ritual I do when jumping into my e30 after firing it up. I go around tapping on the dash to get all the lights on, A/C switch, right side of cluster, the temp gauge, then every 50 miles or so my brake light indicator goes off and I have remove the tail covers and jiggle the light bulbs. So I am thinking there is some oxidation of the connectors going on pretty much everywhere. My plan is to take it apart as much as I can and clean all the connectors. My question is...Is there a product that will 1. safely clean the metal 2. is there a product I can apply to the connectors to help maintain conductivity? Some sort of ecectrogrease or something? lol.. Thanks for the help..

sorry i dont have an answer for you but i have been wondering this very same thing, as i as well have gone throught the exterior wiring on my e30 and found ALOT of deterioration. Hope some has an answer to this.....for both of us.
    Need Custom spacers and adapters?

PM for information

Comment

Use a fine brass-bristled brush for contact scrubbing, and apply silicone dielectric grease liberally upon reinstallation.
      sigpic

Mike

'91 325i track car. Mostly...

Comment

A copper brush should remove any oxidation. Rust is not a very tough substance.

There are a few electric grease products on the market, but for the life of me I cannot remember what they are.
        Originally posted by george graves
        If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by knockenwelle View Post
          use a fine brass-bristled brush for contact scrubbing, and apply silicone dielectric grease liberally upon reinstallation.
          +1

Comment

What about the things I can't get to with a brush? Thanks for the tips!

Where does one get silicone dialectric grease? Auto parts store, Radio shack,?

Comment

From what I have heard the original BMW bulbs never have this problem, probably twice as much but whatever there bulbs. That said my E30 has the same afliction.

Comment

Originally posted by woodisgood View Post
                What about the things I can't get to with a brush? Thanks for the tips!

Where does one get silicone dialectric grease? Auto parts store, Radio shack,?
                Auto parts store will have it
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X