lighted cassete holder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lighted cassete holder?

So I was cleaning out my tape cassete holder and noticed a clear strip which transmits.

finger pointing to the bottom of the cassette holder

my phone lighting up the cassette strip.

I was curious how this is lighted, since I don't see a light source besides the rear ashtray. Anyone have ideas?
    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

This is so fucking cool, cause i didn't think anyone would ever care about it like i do. I was so excited when i came across this info.

Early model VW cabrio's use the exact same "CBox" (or whatever the name is) cassette holders in their center consoles. (Only a pack of three, though).

While digging around, i came across one of these, and what do you know, it has i clip-on light bulb assembly on the back of it.

It's still sitting at the shop. I take a pic and see if there is a part number on it tomorrow.

Turk
    turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
    Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

Nice, I didn't know early vw cabrio had the same cbox. I need just one more of these. to complete my set of 6

Yeah, take a pic of the light assembly!!!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Was that you that asked me for one at some point? I have an extra one for you. PM me, just cover shipping.
        turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
        Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

hahah i ripped mine out of the car but i am pretty sure its just clear plastic that's lights up when light is shined on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCity11 View Post
            Was that you that asked me for one at some point? I have an extra one for you. PM me, just cover shipping.

love you Avatar BrewCity11 back to the future is my all time favorite movie i have the B2TF trilogy DVD set and hope to own a Deloreon one day my dream car next to a E30 M3 but that might be easier to find also.

Comment

actually that strip is transparent because when you insert a cassete in there a red strip will appear so that you know that there is a cassete inserted .

Originally posted by E30_fiend
              Simply sexy.
              Originally posted by PУCCKAЯ_e30ka
              man... I took my little E30 outside for a ride, now 5sp.... there is no other car like E30... PERIOD. Don't know how to explain, but driving E30 is like having sex with a girl of your dreams, but the girl is a bit inexperienced, so you have to show her what to do and she will do it beautifully! ohhh man... after I got the 5sp tranny in it, it is all new love all over again! :)))

Comment

I had an e36 cassete holder in mine. And it used the same type of light that the rear ash tray used. I just spliced into the wires for the rear ash tray on mine.

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by franko2490 View Post
                  actually that strip is transparent because when you insert a cassete in there a red strip will appear so that you know that there is a cassete inserted .
                  If you look in the pics there is a clear strip that runs the length of the cassette. There is a slit on the bottom where light could possibly be transmitted. I'm not sure if thats the purpose of the slit, since i tested it again tonight. It takes ALOT of light to transmit through the strip. I'm not sure if anyone else has any ideas.

Comment

Pretty sweet, I wish I had one that didnt sound like it came from the beach when I pushed on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tree18is View Post
                      Pretty sweet, I wish I had one that didnt sound like it came from the beach when I pushed on it.
                      Then dissassemble it and clean it like I did to mine, solves the problem. Mine doesn't look like the ones in the pics tho, I think it's an earlier version, got it off an '85. Bottom says CBOX Ficher 03 Germany, and doesn't have light slots. It has tan buttons. Anyone else with this type of tape holder?

EDIT: Found only one other person with it, looks exactly like the one on this thread, in mint condition.

Last edited by Streichholzschächtelchen; 09-27-2009, 08:56 PM.
                      Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Working...
                      X