Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Want $55 For A Bolt? Uh... I'll Pass Thanks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Want $55 For A Bolt? Uh... I'll Pass Thanks...

I'm new here, but if any of you are (or have been) active in the E36 community there's a chance you might recognize me by my use name.

Don't hold it against me. ;)

I plan on posting a proper introduction thread complete with back story, pictures and plans, but that'll all have to wait until I can get my car back on the road.

The rear bumper on my car was pushed in slightly on one side, and I took it upon myself to attempt to correct it since I had just finished correcting my paint. Getting the bumper off required beating the hell out of the bolts which hold it on as one was bent and did not want to slide out for me without a fight.

I'm now in need of two of # 11, the "fillister head screw" with the part number 51 11 8 103 012.

My dealer wants to charge me $55 each... and that is not going to happen. :loco:

I've looked everywhere for a suitable replacement and haven't found any, but this looks promising:

Part # 13 is a "fillister head screw" with a different part number (07 11 9 920 070) but listed as the identical M12X100 size.

Can I order this insanely cheaper part (or another like it) or am I stuck paying $125 for two bolts?

Thanks in advance boys and girls...

Uhhh get them used...
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

First, tell your dealer to fuck off.
      Second, have you checked other resources for what the actual list price is? Realoem has them listed for $24 each, which is still pretty crazy.
      Someone here should be able to get you 2 used bolts for peanuts. Maybe post a WTB thread? If you want to get them new, contact blunt on this board. He can get any oem part at a good price.
      Good luck.

Comment

MSRP is $31.44 each. Wholesale is $25.15 each.

You're truly stupid if you are surprised that a dealer is trying to charge $55. Some dealers gouge on parts, it's a known fact.

Get them used.

Email bavparts@gmail.com. He'll have what you need.

Comment

Junkyard? Craigslist?

Hardware store?
          Originally posted by z31maniac
          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
            You're truly stupid if you are surprised that a dealer is trying to charge $55. Some dealers gouge on parts, it's a known fact.
            Let's not be too hard on the guy. It's an M12x100 shoulder bolt. How much would you imagine these would cost, in the absence of having access to dealer pricing? A few bucks, ten at the most?

Originally posted by whysimon
            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Blunt tech?

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Man, goto fastenal or something and get a metric stainless hex cap screw M12x100 and be be done with it. You don't see the bolt anyways, the only thing that will change is the head.
                1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

I can get a lot whole sale from auto parts place through my dads company, still that's expensive, id go junkin!

'88 325iX -Totaled
                  '97 M3 - Sold
                  '85 euro e30 Pete McHenry 2.8L m20 Stroker - Parting out
                  '89 325is - Sold
                  '95 540i 6spd
                  '87 325is M Technic I s50

Comment

ask to talk to his superior and point out he's jipping the company out of a sale by charging $55 for a slender piece of metal cuz that is not right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
                      MSRP is $31.44 each. Wholesale is $25.15 each.
                      Tischer BMW sells them at the wholesale price at www.getbmwparts.com

Otherwise just go junkin or head to HD or Loews and find a similar bolt, it doesn't have to be the exact bmw bolt. just the same specs.
                      stephenbrody.com

Comment

I have some extras, pay shipping and they're yours

Comment

Aren't the front and rears different? I thought rears were longer...

Closing SOON!
                          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by td325ic View Post
                            I have some extras, pay shipping and they're yours
                            First real answer I have seen. Hook the man up with a few bucks just for being nice.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by Leaf View Post
                              ask to talk to his superior and point out he's jipping the company out of a sale by charging $55 for a slender piece of metal cuz that is not right.
                              Because the guy making 10/hr working the parts counter sets the dealer price. I'm sure the manager will empathize with the guy driving a car worth less than what they charge for a brake job arguing over a part they'd have to order anyway.

-Charlie
                              Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                              '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                              FYYFF

Comment

Working...
                              X