Installed 19lbers and Mark D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
    Haha. Well technically it should make a bigger difference in the eta, but you really don't get the same top end wail with the eta that you do with the B25. So overall the motor is not as impressive.

Or that's my theory at least. ;) If you are assertive in the least there is a biiig difference. I'm not sure if it was increased response or more actual torque (probably both), but I noticed a big improvement in the low-midrange as well. The car is much more drivable as 2-3k range acceleration is a lot more effortless than it was before.

I just went out for another drive, that car put a smile on my face before but now it's a shit-eating grin. :D
    i definitely noticed a difference with the injectors and chip, but it was more like a "now-i-can-beat-the-old-grandma-with-the-ford-taurus-next-to-me-off-the-light-before-my-turn" difference, than a "wow this is fun."

eh.... maybe this, and the i head swap will help....

Comment

Originally posted by ubernasty View Post
      i definitely noticed a difference with the injectors and chip, but it was more like a "now-i-can-beat-the-old-grandma-with-the-ford-taurus-next-to-me-off-the-light-before-my-turn" difference, than a "wow this is fun."
      Yeah, this is more like a now-i-can-beat-my-roommate's-e46-325i-auto difference, with the aforementioned shit-eating grin.

YMMV I guess, depending on how easily entertained you are. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
        Yeah, this is more like a now-i-can-beat-my-roommate's-e46-325i-auto difference, with the aforementioned shit-eating grin.

YMMV I guess, depending on how easily entertained you are. ;)
        what the hells YMMV mean lol

Comment

Originally posted by ubernasty View Post
          what the hells YMMV mean lol
          Your mileage may vary

Comment

fuck mileage haha... if i cared about that i'd buy another street bike

Comment

someone missed the joke

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                someone missed the joke
                I wouldn't call it a joke, more of a figure of speech. ;)

I was with my girlfriend today and saw one of the sexiest E34 540s I've ever seen ripping it down the expressway. I caught up to him at a light, its exhaust note was incredible. I was behind him, he took off and pulled maybe 4 carlengths from 10 to 80mph. Sounds like about what I expected, but when I pulled up and talked at the next light, he commented on how quick my car was (well he called it fast, but I refuse to call my car fast until it runs 12s) seeing as how I was keeping up, more or less, with a passenger, and said his was supercharged. He was tapping the limiter in every gear (I could hear his car over mine) and if the exhaust note was any indication it was definitely a 540i 6 speed.

That was a fucking sexy car and I felt like a smug motherfucker on the way back home.

Mark D + 19lbers ftmfw.

Comment

glad texas does not care about emissions as much as others states such as cail.

Comment

I had the mark D chip and 19lb injectors and I liked it while I had it, definitely felt bettter than the old injectors, but the CEL's were annoying and they usually happen when the car is stopped, which would make you fail smog in NV. I tried the M30 AFM and got even more CELs and then the car started running lean(which I was blaming on the ECU or performance chip). I just got the miller 19lb chip and MAF and the car doesn't even throw CELs or run rich anymore, even after you reset than battery it doesn't run rich for more than 1 minute.

I have a Mark D 19lb injector chip for sale if anyone's interested.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                    X