A/C clutch kinda just popped the *** out.. literally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C clutch kinda just popped the *** out.. literally

I'm trying to figure out why my little blue light wont come on when I hit the AC button, so I go to check the compressor and see if the wires loose...

all I see is gease and a big ass empty space where the clutch gears n such should be... WTF??? HTF? huh?

how does shit like this happen?

also, do I have to replace the whole gotdamn compressor and loose all the good charge I have, or can I just slide under there and you know, rig shit up?

also, my orange button doesnt light up either

pics on the way

clutch gear? I don't recall any gears.. but anyway, you should be able to dismount the compressor and lower it ... work on it from under the car. the clutch comes off.

Comment

^cool beans... I'm gonna lower it to get pics... i wonder where I can get a new clutch

Comment

The bulbs are probably out in your switch - if there is even power to them.
        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

power to them, i'm assuming that they do have power since they do turn the fan on... but i'll have to check...

wait, how do I check for power to them?

also, turf, I need a good scrap/junk/salvage yard in houston.. more like a pick in pull! PLEASE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

Comment

Originally posted by e30slut View Post
            power to them, i'm assuming that they do have power since they do turn the fan on... but i'll have to check...

wait, how do I check for power to them?

also, turf, I need a good scrap/junk/salvage yard in houston.. more like a pick in pull! PLEASE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
            They are hit and miss. There's one on wallisville road that typically has a few e30s.
            "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Sounds like you locked up and blew out the electro-locking clutch. You will need a new, or, reman compressor. I'll bet the compressor seized and locked it up.

Comment

Thanks farbin and turf... I'll just head out and buy a new one... damn

Comment

Go find a remanufacturing wholesale warehouse... I used to buy good remans for about 125-200. With receiver driers.

Comment

does anybody know the sypmtoms of the a/c light not lighting up on the ac button??

Comment

my ac works fine. blue light doesn't come on anymore.

Comment

hmm,, thanks for the input... maybe the bulb is out but it doesnt light up on either button...

does your max ac button light up???

Comment

Working...
                        X