New 87 325e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 87 325e

I joined this site a few days ago and lurked here for a few weeks prior, but never posted. Today, I picked up an 87 325e that I will be using as a commuter/project car. Mechanically it is pretty good shape. It could use some work cosmetically, but that doesn't bother me too much right now. Picked up some useful tips from the site that helped to find a decent car. I am sure I will continue to need a bit of help now and again.

Jim

Get a chip, it's good becuase your car is slow and this will make it faster.

Comment

Welcome, post up some pics

Comment

welcome.

look into a 2.7i
        sigpic

Comment

I still cannot believe there are people who lurk this site and STILL join!

Welcome to R3V.

Luke

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
            I still cannot believe there are people who lurk this site and STILL join!

Welcome to R3V.

Luke
            I did. obviously, look at my post count.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, after a day of driving it, I've noticed it is idling a bit rough. I'll have to look into that. I've got the A/C re-charged, and that is working now, so I'll be able to drive it a bit more comfortably. It is leaking a bit of oil, but not too bad. So far, I like it.

Comment

do all maintenance and chip it. i have a markd in my eta and absolutely love it...slight increase in mpg's too! second to the markd, i've also put in a 3.25lsd from an e28, that and the markd == poormans turbo.

Comment

I want to see pics. asap welcome to r3v!!
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Welcome to r3v. Like other's have said, chip will add some good power for the money.
                    sigpic

Comment

a chip is cheap, but I would do a I conversion.

Comment

I'll post some pics this weekend. It isn't too pretty to look at, but it runs pretty well.

Comment

Here is a pic:

That is my daughter helping out. She is enjoying this car and always wants to work on it. Have keep that interest going as she gets older so I can keep my hobby going.

The oil leak I had in the car is getting worse. I have ordered a few parts from Pelican that will hopefully take care of the problem.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                          X