Do you regret selling your E30?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tbolt
    replied
    ill never sell my e30, I would trade for a 24v swapped one though =p

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    This thread is an omen, I swear. I'm looking at buying an E36 M track car, and it's looking like I will be selling my Subaru Legacy if not the E30 as well. I'm trying to find a way I can justify having two rather track-modified cars, as I really don't want to sell my E30. I'm regretting thinking about it haah!

    Leave a comment:


  • e30devo
    replied
    i think about selling my e30 everyday. ive had it for about five years now and its a total peice of shit. there are times i get so sick of it i buy another car, let the e30 sit for a while and drive it occasionally. then i sell the non-e30 car and drive the e30 and think to myself why the hell cant i get rid of this damned car!? then i own some newer faster cars in some turns. then i remember. and thats why i still have it.

    also i had a pristine ~80k '86 eS with houndstooth interior. sold it when i moved. i reallly really regret selling it. find a way to keep it or itll haunt you forever.

    Leave a comment:


  • smonkbmw
    replied
    i miss my swap car when i sit and think about it. i should have kept it. i dont miss my m3 yet, most likely because i never drove it. and all the other BS reasoning that i sold it in the first place.

    i LOOOOVE my e34 though. its definitely a improvement.

    Leave a comment:


  • mtechnik
    replied
    I do have to say that i am enjoying my new E34. But I do have to compare it with the E30 everday and miss that e30-specific character daily.

    Leave a comment:


  • shmutzigE30
    replied
    i miss mine everyday :(

    Leave a comment:


  • cferb
    replied
    Not really, kinda though. I do miss it, but I'm not sure I regret it. Even though everyone asks me why I sold my BMW, STILL, after 8 months. I do like my Legacy Turbo though, and damn it can come in handy sometimes, I also love the connections I have with it since everything swaps onto it. Pretty soon my list will have grown to 06 STi suspension, 20mm front sway bar, STi steering wheel, WRX wheels(and tires), and STi exhaust, for less than $100 total.

    I'll have and M3 when I get out of school though, I can wait, it's what I wanted in the first place, since I was 13 or 14.

    Leave a comment:


  • yert315
    replied
    I regret it just a little. I loved the driving experience and the feel the e30 produces. The only reason I didn't care too much was because it looked like ass. I sold it, bought an e36 which was an absolute disaster. I longed for the e30 again, so I bought one and it's been under the knife 7 of the 8 months I've owned it, but it will be great when done.

    Leave a comment:


  • Iain
    replied
    I have regretted selling my first E30 every day since it drove off. First car I have been actually emotional over. The car that replaced it was faster and I've made some great friendships through that, but I still pine for my old ride.

    Leave a comment:


  • SynSyx
    replied
    My car has a 15 year legacy in my family. Dads for 10 years, mine for 5. He's no longer with us, so that car is one of my last 'living' connections to him. No way in hell am I selling that thing, and I'll do anything I can to keep her on the road.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mastrcruse
    replied
    My vert..Hell Yes! I put money/time/energy into it and was just getting to the good stuff...wheels/Mtech I kit but I needed something "safer".... bullshit
    A few weeks after I sold it, he put it in a ditch while driving intoxicated, haven't heard if it made it out alive.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jonny Cash
    replied
    Ill be 28 in a couple months, Ive had all types of cars.. I "own" two brand new cars, if I could drive the e30 everyday I would. I may sound crazy but I beleive the e30 is one of the top 10 best cars ever made.

    The only reason Id sell it is to buy another one. Which Ive done three times already, now on my fourth. That car you have there will be hard to find for under 8-9k few years down the road.

    Leave a comment:


  • FredK
    replied
    The only E30s I've gotten rid of were rusty heaps that were stripped to rolling chassis and disposed of.

    I have not had an E30 in 10/10 shape. One is close to 7/10, the other 8.5/10. I am selling the 8.5/10 E30 to my brother, so I'll have visitation rights. :mrgreen:

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    I haven't been in this situation but still don't do it!

    Leave a comment:


  • MIKe30
    replied
    Originally posted by Van Westervelt
    Pay for the gas, and I will fly down and drive it over for you. :) Been on 5 cross the country trips in e30s.

    I have had over a dozen e30s, and I miss each one that I let go. A couple I still see around, which is nice though.

    If someone did that to my e30, I would straight up murder their ass.
    thats a seriously good offer!! do it!

    Leave a comment:

Working...