King Springs - Anyone use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Springs - Anyone use them?

Hi all I was just wondering if anyone uses king springs either the low/superlow. My touring got defected yesterday for being too low, so it needs to be rectified within 14 days. I was going to purchase a set of the king springs 'low' but wondered how muchthey would lower the car, As I didn't want to put them in to have the same drama. But on theother hand I did not want to by the standard 325 king springs as I dont fancy driving a 4x4 touring. Just wondering anyway whether anyone has experience with these.

On aside note idealy I would loveto get a set of adjustables, but the location I am in is pretty remote, and it's ultra hard to source parts.

Cheers in advance,
    Nick
    sigpic

my brother just got superlows on his 325is (sig).. i shall get a pic tomorrow when its light enough. driven past a number of highway patrol cars they havent done anythign about it. (he's a p-plater too) soo alls good
    Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by tg318is View Post
      my brother just got superlows on his 325is (sig).. i shall get a pic tomorrow when its light enough. driven past a number of highway patrol cars they havent done anythign about it. (he's a p-plater too) soo alls good
      Just grab a set of stockers fromt he wreckers, put them on for inspection, then swap your old springs back in?

R.H.D
      M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post
        Just grab a set of stockers fromt he wreckers, put them on for inspection, then swap your old springs back in?

That's what I was initially thinking, but considering I'm in hicksville, trying to explain my requirements for this gets the following result...
        Umm err then ya deteatin' the purpose.. we cant inspect then return to 'illegal' and considering there's only two shops in town... well you know where I'm going. At this stage I feel like joining the rest of the hicks and jacking it 45 feet and start driving on the beach!
        sigpic

Comment

I'll help you w/ your problem. I have a lifted 94 toyota 4-runner (Hilux) that I'd be more than happy to trade you for your touring ;) Do you have a place to work on the car your self? Swapping suspension isn't all that hard, but I have no idea what kind of setup you have available to you or what tools you have. I still think that swapping in some standard susp (complete assemblys) would be easiest. Good luck
          09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
          05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
          87 BMW 325is
          a few bicycles

Comment

I would consider the 4 runner trade if I wasnt going to end up with a 4 runner touring anyway!
            sigpic

Comment

Superlows are not actually that low anymore. They used to be ok but im sure you will think your car is riding pretty high on them mate
              sigpic340hp V8 e30 FINISHED!!!!!
              Quick vid for ya ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
              NEW One on the track :)
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AX5SzSLnk
              Cleaning up some 911s and Jap turbos
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad79wsLdle4

Comment

Working...
              X