planning to buy a e30 question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planning to buy a e30 question.

hey, im planning to buy a e30 1987 325is soon.
    i asked the guy if he still has the title. this is basically my first time buying a really old car. please help me out with this

the seller responded:
    The car is 23 years old so you don't need a title, just the old registration which I have. The state of NH doesn't require a title because of the age and since it's registered in that state currently every other state has to comply with the NH requirements.

im just making sure this is true. thank you!

i think 1982 or older, don't have titles, at least in n.y. I would check with dmv before buying.
    sigpic

Comment

yeah im gonna call the dmv when it opens, the car is from rhode island btw and im going to register it in massachusetts if i buy it.

Comment

I would get a title, I never lived in a state where title is not necessary so I wouldnt know any better otherwise.

Comment

i just read this
          Passenger vehicles with a model year of 1980 and older, purchased before November 26, 1990 are exempt from titling
          in bold does that mean if the car is older then 1990? or if i were to buy the cars before 1990.?

Comment

you must read it as a complete statement.
            you have to have purchased an 1980 or older car no later than that date.
            meaning if you own a pre 80's car since the 80's and you didnt have a title, then one is no longer required.

Comment

i did my research on new hampshires DMV title laws.

How can I sell a vehicle 15 years of age or older that does not require a title? Exception Heavy trucks)

If you have a title, transfer ownership to the buyer on the reverse side.
              Provide a bill of sale (TDMV22A ) and a properly filled out Verification of Vehicle Identification (TDMV19a) .
              Provide a bill of sale (TDMV22A ) and a copy of the previous registration or title.

correct me if im wrong,
              soo this means that i can print this out, buy and have him sign that bill of sale.
              then bring the bill of sale and PO's registration to get it registered in MA?

Comment

Call and ask your local DMV
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

yeah, i'm gonna do that tomorrow when they are open. i just wanted to get some info while they are closed.

Comment

Rhode Island you don't need a title if the vehicle is over 10 years old. Mass DMV knows this and will tell you what else you need to get it registered.

Is this car red by chance?
                    Byron
                    Leichtbau

Comment

yeah the car has new hampshire plates.

Comment

Originally posted by phi View Post
                        i did my research on new hampshires DMV title laws.

How can I sell a vehicle 15 years of age or older that does not require a title? Exception Heavy trucks)

If you have a title, transfer ownership to the buyer on the reverse side.
                        Provide a bill of sale (TDMV22A ) and a properly filled out Verification of Vehicle Identification (TDMV19a) .
                        Provide a bill of sale (TDMV22A ) and a copy of the previous registration or title.

correct me if im wrong,
                        soo this means that i can print this out, buy and have him sign that bill of sale.
                        then bring the bill of sale and PO's registration to get it registered in MA?
                        Yes, this is exactly what I did to purchase my e30 a few months back in Seattle

Comment

i bought my 89 in vermont and only needed a bill of sale and previous reg in ma$$ car had no title.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X