Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roll an E30 vert and live to tell about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car I saw pics of rolled with the top up and it stayed latched/semi intact the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by VacMan View Post
      Here are some pics of my buddy Stuart's cabrio after he rolled it doing about 75 on his way to Vegas. He walked away with scratched knuckles. That's him in the first pic. I was supposed to buy this car the next week so he could buy an Audi TT, which he (eventually) bought to replace this car.
      This was the post with the rolled vert, But the pics are gone now.

Comment

Originally posted by Miasma View Post
        This was the post with the rolled vert, But the pics are gone now.
        Funny, i was reading this thread and was getting ready to reply when I saw your quote. Here are the pics. He's a lucky guy, IMO.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
        MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
        | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Thanks for posting those up!

And yeah he is lucky, And the car is tough!

Comment

actually they dont look that bad. I mean surely not fixable, but good to know that the car, windshield posts etc, held enough integrity for the ride

Comment

Originally posted by Miasma View Post
              Yeah lower center of gravity, And an integrated roll bar/hoop in the windshield frame down to the floor.
              thats good to know, hope I never need to rely on it though

Comment

lol look at that MB in the back. Looks like he gunned it into a light pole or tree.

Comment

that white car looks like it was on its side, not on its roof.
                  1993 325ic Schwarz/Natur
                  1991 318is Black/Black - Slicktop - Project s52
                  1989 Alpine White/Black M3 S52
                  1988 Henna/Pearl M3 <3

Comment

I'd rather roll with the top down. It's probably an unwarranted fear, but I'd can't help but think of the roof frame going through me or one of my passengers.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Link View Post
                      I'd rather roll with the top down. It's probably an unwarranted fear, but I'd can't help but think of the roof frame going through me or one of my passengers.
                      The top is very strong. I'd love to have that protecting me than nothing. If you roll into something with the top up, it may stop it from hitting you. With it down and you are guaranteed dead.

Comment

Makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                        X