Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

e34 m5 blown engine, what do they go for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e34 m5 blown engine, what do they go for?

My buddy has an e34 m5. Shop just rebuilt the motor and it's "making a clunking sound." I haven't heard it run, but I did see the car. Fresh paint, bbs rg-r's, dinan stage 3 suspension with srs delete, new clutch, b&b tri flow exhaust, etc. 140k on chassis.

what is it worth?

I'm considering buying it to help him out (needs cash now) and just re-selling it.
    Originally posted by blunt
    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

if the shop just rebuilt the motor and its making clunking sounds I would just take it back to the shop and tell them they fucked up...
    m106 1990 e30
    e36 daily
    e32 cruiser

Comment

is this a s38b36 engine?

if so, i might be interested if the price is right ( i have no idea what that would be)
      88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
      85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
        if the shop just rebuilt the motor and its making clunking sounds I would just take it back to the shop and tell them they fucked up...
        yeah, why isn't this happening?

Comment

can't go back to the shop. he was doing the work for free and said he's too busy to keep at the project.

yes s38b36

I was thinking the car would be worth somewhere in the 6-8k range? was hoping for someone to enlighten me, or point me to where I may find out
          can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Vlad was selling a s38b36 with a the whole shebang, ecu harness, tranny, mounts everything for 5 k i think
            88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
            85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

The motor is the spendiest part. You can buy a clean, no-issues E34 M5 for well under $10k now, and a rebuild is going to be pretty close to that by itself. With a dead motor it's nothing but a glorified E34 sedan, so it's not worth that much. I'd say $3k or so. I also think you're better off asking m5board.com than r3v.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
              MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
              | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

I should just put an s52 in it and dd it, sell my e36

Comment

i bought a running e34 m5 for ... less than 4k
                  Build Threads:
                  Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                    i bought a running e34 m5 for ... less than 4k
                    I don't believe you.
                    - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                    E36 325i sedan
                    E30 325i sedan
                    Volvo 945T

Comment

Running e34 m5 is one thing, but an S38 with unknown problems is a money pit imho :(
                      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                        Running e34 m5 is one thing, but an S38 with unknown problems is a money pit imho :(
                        Yeah I love the s38 engine but if it not running, it's not gonna be worth much, the susp. is a good buy but the car as a whole probably won't fetch an ideal $ amount.
                        stephenbrody.com

Comment

I wouldn't pay more than $4.5k for the whole thing. You'd definitely be parting it out though. Thankfully there's a long list of parts that can be parted (portions of the S38, the G280, the LSD, wheels, suspension, interior, M5 aero bits, brakes, other E34 non-M specific parts.) You could possibly get more out of it than you put into it, but I wouldn't do it unless you had a wad of $4k lying around somewhere.

It's a damn shame you haven't got the E30iT + lots of time/money, because an S38 swapped E30iT would be the tittays.
                          - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                          E36 325i sedan
                          E30 325i sedan
                          Volvo 945T

Comment

Put in a E34 B35 535i motor.and you can part out whats not bad on the S38.

Comment

i do have 4k laying around (to build my z) but I would like to do something to make money with it before i invest it into my car

Comment

Working...
                              X