Adaptec speedware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adaptec speedware?

Anyone seen these guys or their products? I'm just wondering if anyone has an opinion about whether the style of adapters they are making can work (4x100 -> 5x120).

Their stuff is posted on VWvortex...

This image is from another vendor/company but I think it shows the idea of how this style of adapter is supposed to work.

Any thoughts? If it works reasonably well it seems like a cheaper way of being able to run 5x120 wheels on the E30 (and still be able to switch back to 4x100 if you want).

interested also, I love my Alpinas and would never let go of them but having a second set of something 17in would be nice to change to.

Comment

Whats the question ?

They are adapter spacers.
      Yes they work as intended and are miles ahead of the big fat 30mm+ typical american universal adapters.

I have a similar set of German FK 25mm spacers that I've ran on half a dozen different E30's going back as far as 2002.
      I've run them with absolutely no problems including many back to back seasons of auto-x'ing.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

I guess the question is do they work/are they safe?

Seems to me that you'd spend alot more for an E36 5-lug swap and end up needing wheels around the same offset range, except with the E36 swap you don't have the option of going back to 4x100 whenever you want. Plus the E36 swap brings in all the suspension geometry issues, etc.

Comment

First you need to decide what is the reason you want or think you want 5-lug.

If its just to say you are rolling 5-lug wheels then this set-up is perfect.
          If you want better/bigger brakes and ability to run 5-lug then you go the e36 route.
          If you want slightly better brakes and 5-lug wheels and ability to run deep wheels and have deep pockets the you do it right and go with suspension.

If done right you can easily run e36 suspension for less than these adapters.
          Thats if you buy used and adapt your current inserts and lowering springs.

But back to these things in question ....yes of course they work and yes this style/quality is safe.
          Like I said in my post above this style of spacer/adapter is hub-centric on both sides and is miles ahead of the quality and fitment of the crappy universal adapters/spacers.

Its nothing really new though ....jus now taking off over here with the Dub crown though and now there are US guys making these things on the semi-cheap.

Comment

everything is safe and the owner is a great guy!
            You should buy from them
            Dale
            1991 E30 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by HighOnLife View Post
              everything is safe and the owner is a great guy!
              You should buy from them

Haha. Brilliant !

Comment

Working...
              X