Pulled Fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled Fenders

Hey guys, i am in the process of a major overhaul on my car and was wondering if anyone from the PDX knows of a reputable shop that can pull my front and rear fenders on my car. Paint is not an issue as i have somebody i will be going through for paint.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks!

:rofl:

Major overhaul.

Don't do it. :(
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
      :rofl:

Major overhaul.

Don't do it. :(
      i refuse to run flares and i really dig the look

you know it will be flossy clayton :)

Comment

first you will want to roll your fenders as much as you can with lots of heat. when i did this in the rear, they pulled themselves, basically. i got maybe another half inch. but other than that, a body shop is the only place that could do it really well.

why do you want to do it in portland if you live in seattle, though?
        http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Wooden baseball bat ftw! If you lived closer I'd let you borrow my fender roller.

Comment

i think he doesnt want to do it himself. he is looking for a joint that will do a great job and have more than satisfactory results that will play out well with his plans that he is going with on HIS car.

so dont junk his thread about 'dont do it' and 'why here not here' bs.

To each his own. ladies, say that 5 times every minute and you will become less annoying in every thread half of you post in.

Namsayin: i would try either a fab shop for race cars, like a high performance shop that will alter the fenders to fit a wider tire, as im sure they go through it often. here locally we have a place that pulls fenders for around 50$ an inch iirc... but he also deals with built HO cars.

good luck on your search, sorry if i wasnt of help.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
              first you will want to roll your fenders as much as you can with lots of heat. when i did this in the rear, they pulled themselves, basically. i got maybe another half inch. but other than that, a body shop is the only place that could do it really well.

why do you want to do it in portland if you live in seattle, though?
              yeah ive roller my fenders pretty much flat, but i am getting them done down south because a buddy of mine down in the corvallis area is going to repaint my entire car, and i just spoke with him yesterday about pulling them and looks like he can do that as well. Engine is getting shaved/painted as well as the full exterior, mtech2 kit, jams, etc.

But i believe the correct way people (VW guys especially) have been doing this process is that they have been like you said rolling the fenders and pushing out as much as possible, then going ahead and use a dolly to flatten out the crease and create a nice round smooth shape.

but if anyone else knows of a local shop, please let me know i'd like to shop around as well.

thanks!

Comment

Francis at WestWerks did this to his E36...looks pretty baller, IMO.

I like that style line on an E30, would be curious what it would look like.

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                  Francis at WestWerks did this to his E36...looks pretty baller, IMO.

I like that style line on an E30, would be curious what it would look like.
                  nice my buddy jon who also has an e30 goes through westworks to get work done as he is coming down to my house to help me tear down my 325i and m3 all the way down in federal way from mukilteo.

ill have to consider them.

Comment

Working...
                  X