I need advise on air filter kit for E30 with S50 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need advise on air filter kit for E30 with S50 engine

Hello everybody. I have an E30 cabrio with S50 engine and I want to know about the available air filter kits. I checked various websites and they offer air filter kits for standard cars but because my cars is E30 with E36 M3 engine, I don't know which one is the right filter kit. I do have Euro 3.5" M3 HFM though!
    I guess just a filter and adapter to HFM should do it but I still don't know where or what to get.
    Thanks in advance for your help

There are no kit's out there...

Just a 3.5" filter...

Comment

Thanks for your reply
      I figured there will be no kit but which filter should I get that would fit my 3.5" HFM?
      Do I need an adapter to attach the filter to the filter or all I need is a 3.5" air filter?
      Thanks again

Comment

Just need a filter, I would use some 3.5 or 4" piping to route it away from the radiator however.

Comment

Thanks Danny
          What kind of piping should I use? It needs to look good too because my car is really nice.
          Having said that, wouldn't this be considered away-from-radiator if I directly attach the filter to HFM?

Comment

Well think about where the filter is and the temp of the air around it, colder is better.

Comment

Yes, colder is better. I just have no idea which piping and where to get. I need to get it ASAP since my mechanic is almost done with the S50 swap.

Comment

DINAN CF intake pipe...

Comment

Dinan CF intake pipe sound good but for what car or engine? For S50? If so, will it fit right in my engine bay?

Comment

You could try an m coup one. My friends car has one and it looks almost the same as the one I built.

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Just get a 3.5 inch cone filter and stick it on the end. That looks the best imo. If later you decide you really want a slight bit of power increase after this you can go grab pipe and throw it in there to move the filter colder.
                      Originally posted by z31maniac
                      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Dinan M coupe CF pipe? Does he have 3.5" HFM too?

Comment

Originally posted by hrach1 View Post
                          Dinan M coupe CF pipe? Does he have 3.5" HFM too?
                          No he has the 3 hfm.

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

That's probably alot of money for a gamble weather it fits or not. If you really wanna make a pipe I would just pick up some pvc, put plastic primer on it and then black wrinkle paint it. If you want to make a bend a silicon adapted would probably look better than a pvc elbow. This is something you can easily do at home, so don't sweat beating the mechanic. If you just want a filter for now to be able to drive it home stop buy the advance auto ricer aisle, should be by the neons and diy tint materials.

Comment

Working...
                            X