Fixing curbage on Alpina's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing curbage on Alpina's

Anyone had any experience with this? I'm looking at some with some medium curb rash. Is it a bear, or is it manageable? I searched but couldn't find a DIY curbage repair on r3v... Just wondering if its worth it. Probably going to be paying 6-700 for the set of four with caps. Good deal, or too much? TIA
    sigpic

alpina's are painted so your best bet will be to refurbish the wheels, you can get it professionally done for about 80-100 per wheel. so i you add that to 600 dollars you paid for the wheels, you are getting a pretty much mint set for around 1k. that is a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Comment

unless its super fucked, its not hard to do it yourself. Basically, you grind it down, fill it with something durable, I've done it with JB weld, get some wheel paint, paint it. It won't be as perfect as a pro job, but it's alright.

Results. (white e30)

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

rimpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by sharky View Post
          rimpro.com
          +1 if you use rimpro ask for Adam or USA wheels in Nj ask for Matt.
          sigpic
          New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
          %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Thanks for the fast responses everyone. I'm thinking about doing it myself after hearing about the jb weld process. I was mainly concerned about the durability of the repair. Is there a write-up on how to do it, or should I just practice on a bottlecap or weave?
            sigpic

Comment

You own real Alpina's (as do I) some of the more rare and sought after wheels in the E30 community and one of the most classic wheels for these cars. Man up spend the money and send them to a replutable repair and refinish center like rimpro (lifetime guarentee on paint) Dont spray bomb them, deal with the ugly another month or 2 and save the money to do it right.

Comment

do it yourself its easy, trust your judgment, if you think u can do it the first time around go for it. If you wana stay safe try it on your bottle cap. And what do you mean the durability of the repair?

Comment

Durability was referring to a body filler or something as opposed to JB weld. I just want a material that won't flake off over time. And as for spraybombing, that was never the plan. I have a professional gravity feed spray gun. I would bead blast them, followed by the repair, followed by painting. I wouldn't just brush them off and slap on a new coat or two of duplicolor...;)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sharky View Post
                    You own real Alpina's (as do I) some of the more rare and sought after wheels in the E30 community and one of the most classic wheels for these cars. Man up spend the money and send them to a replutable repair and refinish center like rimpro (lifetime guarentee on paint) Dont spray bomb them, deal with the ugly another month or 2 and save the money to do it right.
                    ^It's true

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

Originally posted by 91greg325i View Post
                      Durability was referring to a body filler or something as opposed to JB weld. I just want a material that won't flake off over time. And as for spraybombing, that was never the plan. I have a professional gravity feed spray gun. I would bead blast them, followed by the repair, followed by painting. I wouldn't just brush them off and slap on a new coat or two of duplicolor...;)

I retract my last statement, that method is acceptable to me, obviosly use a good paint and clear and cure the paint well.

Comment

Thank you. And if I don't feel like I can do the repairs up to spec, I will send it out without a doubt. I know how sought after these wheels are, and a poorly repaired set is worse than a unrepaired set IMO. I'll hopefully post up some pictures of the process if the deal goes through.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X