Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW E30 Car Covers

Hey all,

I am in the market for a long lasting and very durable outdoor car cover for my e30. I do not have a garage to store my car in so I will have to go the cover route. I have been trying to find any information/testimonials by people on the quality of the factory BMW car covers.

1. Are they for outdoor or only indoor use?
    2. How durable are they?
    3. Will they last a few years? We have the extremes in every season where I am at.

I have been researching other options. I really like the Covercraft Weathershield HD car cover. It is more than double the cost of a factory option. But from what I have read, it is the best option for outdoor use.

I would like some input from others who are like me and have to store there car outside. What are you using? How well has it worked? Any issues?

Thanks for the help
    Scott

Look at their Noah cover. I've used that material for my fitted E30 M3 cover and it's a great outdoor cover. These guys make better covers than the factory stuff I think. Worth the extra price.
    Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
    www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

I have the covercraft evolution 4. I believe its on level below the HD. I used it daily for 2years and the elastic on the bottom is still intact. Stays even if its windy with just the elastic. Most of the time I tie it down. I too researched alot and decided on the evolution 4 for daily use. Not sure how much thicker the HD is, but it does state it protects against lite hail so if thats a concern then I would go with the HD.

2653156 Covercraft Evolution 4 Car Cover
      Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Car cover @ Walmart.com is just fine all around breathable cover, I go on people reviews more than anything and price. Why spend $ when u can give the $35 cover a try.

Comment

^^I should mention, I bought 3 different kinds of the cheap covers from autozone and walmart prior to spending the money on a custom cover. They were fine until they rip. Also they would not stay on in the wind which was annoying as hell for a outdoor cover. Whenever it rained, it would fly off. I even resorted to tucking the covers under the doors. At the end of rain storms, the cover would be on the car but either the hood or trunk would be flipped up exposing the car. Obviously the elastic at the bottom did not hold up to the elements.
          Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
          http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I have a Wolf 4 seasons noah fitted cover on my car. Three winters and no problems so far. Its not 100% waterproof but very little water gets through. Not enough to actually run down the car, and it evaporates off.
            Originally posted by codyep3
            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
            2010 F650gs twin
            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post
              ^^I should mention, I bought 3 different kinds of the cheap covers from autozone and walmart prior to spending the money on a custom cover. They were fine until they rip. Also they would not stay on in the wind which was annoying as hell for a outdoor cover. Whenever it rained, it would fly off. I even resorted to tucking the covers under the doors. At the end of rain storms, the cover would be on the car but either the hood or trunk would be flipped up exposing the car. Obviously the elastic at the bottom did not hold up to the elements.
              Do not know what brand you got but one I bought came with tie downs which locked the cover in place regardless of the weather - this one for $38.00:

This Classic Deluxe PolyPro III Car Cover protects from dirt, pollution and bad weather all year long. Also features a zippered, drivers-side door for easy access and an elasticized bottom hem for a fast, custom fit.

Soft fabric wont scratch paint
              Includes a handy storage bag
              Non-scratch tie-down grommets and rope
              Antenna reinforcement patch
              Trunk leash locks cover to the vehicle
              Heavy-duty all weather protection
              Rugged PolyPro III triple layer fabric resists and repels rain and snow yet vents inside water vapor out
              Superior protection against dirt and harmful U.V. rays
              Thick fabric shields against scratches and nicks
              Last edited by BingM3; 08-24-2009, 09:22 PM.

Comment

OEM is always a safe bet. A tad expensive for some people, but definitely works in all environments. I give it my endorsement.
                sigpic

Comment

been using the Bavarian Autosport Ultimate Car Cover for my e30 for many years now. keeps the dirt off, protects from the sun, and folds up really small when not in use. the design allows water to soak through it, but it eventually dries off and doesnt leave much residue on the car. comes with straps and a cable lock.

Comment

Does anyone have a suggestion for primarily outdoor, winter use? I'm in Chicago and need something to keep the snow, freezing rain, etc off of my e30. Seems like the covercraft would do the trick, but I'd really rather not pay $350.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Racing View Post
                      Look at their Noah cover. I've used that material for my fitted E30 M3 cover and it's a great outdoor cover. These guys make better covers than the factory stuff I think. Worth the extra price.
                      YES!

I got a Noah Cover for my e30 for Christmas, and it just sits outside all day while the motor is out. The cover stays on it all day and night and it protects against general condensation and weather. However if it rains, it's best to take it off and put it back on once it's air-dried. I digress.....

It's a GREAT cover, if you're getting an e30 car cover, go with Noah.

Comment

I use a Weathershield HP on my e46 M3 and plan on getting one for the e30 that I'm about to buy. I've been using the car cover for 2.5 yrs. It has a 4 year warranty and I had it replaced (for free) about 8 months ago after a thunderstorm with a lot of rain and wind made a small tear in it.

The e46 M3 OEM car cover is the exact same one as the Noah cover (from what I read on the forums) except that the OEM one says BMW on the front.
                        Last edited by Zesty Bonanza; 08-05-2011, 02:07 PM. Reason: I put HD instead of HP.

Comment

anyone know what the OEM cover sells for at a deaslership? Or is it NLA?
                          Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                          All girls fuck but not all girls fuck around with combustion engines.

Comment

From what I've heard the OEM BMW Noah differs from the original Noah in terms of material. I've had my BMW Noah for about two and a half years (used almost daily outdoors) and it already has a couple tears, one of the trunk and one on the roof as well as a seam that has come lose on a side mirror, about 6 in. wide. Despite it being a Noah cover, I discovered BMW only offers a two year warranty whereas Noah offers a four year warranty. I found this out the hard way and as a result I'm shopping around for a new cover. In fact I'm really considering a weathershield cover even though I prefer the much thicker material found on the Noah.

Comment

I ordered the Covercraft Technalon Evolution Block-It instead of the Weathershield HP for my e30. I got the HP for my M3 because I thought that the ability to use the home washing machine would be useful, but I actually go to the laundromat to wash it since it seems like it is too big for the home washer. Covercraft also recommends the commercial washer for the HP for better cleaning results. I live in Socal so it's mostly sunny here and we don't get too much rain. So the Technalon seems like the perfect product for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X