need ideas bad... non e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need ideas bad... non e30

my dad just bought a 15 horse evenrude outboard and while fishing on a lake by my house it fell off. we have an idea were it is and we have been dragging a big hook we made trying to hit it and we have but we cant hit it and get right above it. i whent diving for it yesterday but its like 15 feet dark and muddy as hell. do you guys have any ideas on how to locate it? we are ggoing to try and find a big magnet but we need help... please save the wow what a dumb ass comments, it didnt fall off it ripped through part of the boat. he is very low income on dissability and saved for months for this thing please help me get it back. if anyone scuba dives in gig harbo tacoma area let me know.. thanks

wow what a drag. sorry to hear this. this same thing happened to me at about age 17. i mounted a 45hp merc on the back of the boat and went out. i didnt secure it tight enough and lost it off the transom. but it was hanging from the throttle and gear cables. it took me 1/2 hour to muscle this thing back in the boat and on the transom myself. i wish i had a solution for you. good luck in the recovery mission
    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

thanks... it was hanging on by the gas line but befor he could grab it it broke. im hoping some r3ver has a really good idea that will help us get it.

Comment

Could you use a metal detector? Perhaps talk to a salvage company, they may rent equipment that will help?

Comment

Is there a diving equipment shop nearby? If you went down there and explained your situation they might be able to help out or know someone who could.
          1988 325i Vert
          1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

best thing you could do would be to get some scuba gear and keep looking... i work at a boat dealership so i know they are not cheap so keep looking . Good luck

Comment

sorry to hear man, good luck.
              http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Get a long rubber tube to breath through and an underwater flashlight.

Comment

I would try dragging a chain on the bottom, holding both ends above the water and hopefully you can catch it on the propeller. I know what you mean about the mucky water. I live on a lake where you can't see your hand 6 inches in front of your face. I've had to recover many items the morning after some drunken escapades.

Comment

haha... thats a really good idea i will have to try that and thanks everone else for chiming in.

Comment

Sorry you couldn't get it yesterday man.

You say you've hit it with the hook a couple times but can't grab it?

Well hit it with the hook, then dive down with your rubber hose and get your hands on it.

Good luck!
                      Originally posted by z31maniac
                      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Harbor Freight has huge magnets.

Comment

That really sucks, I would try harbor freight for a giant magnet.But, If you can just dive for it, That is if it isn't too deep. If you locate it on the bottom you should easily be able to get down there and tie a rope on it.

Be careful and don't drown.

Comment

thanks for the tip on harbor freight... i will have to go pick one up. . and i have flippers and a mask and everthing so getting to the bottom is no problem its just impossoble to see anythign

Comment

Take an old subwoofer or a couple old speakers tied to some rope and see if you can get them to attach to the outboard. Then dive down with a rope or chain, tie it on and haul it back up. Hope you get it back.

Comment

Working...
                              X