Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will it pass smog? (Details inside, not another stupid question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will it pass smog? (Details inside, not another stupid question)

m20b25, rebuilt head, port matched intake and exhaust manifolds, 5speed, 3.73 rear,173 ecu, 027 afm with cone intake, 4 pintle 19lbers, 91octane 19lber mark d chip, relatively new cat, oil change to lower NOx, that's it. Does it stand a chance passing? Visual inspection isn't an issue, but it's gotta go through a test only center in a Cali area code that requires the "enhanced smog test" by Tuesday. I gave all the details I could think of that would matter. The quicker the responses the better, I need this thing smogged asap.
    Jah bless! :pimp:

Just go give it a shot? Our words won't help. And what I mean by our words (yes, no) is that you could just get your answer very quickly by actually getting it smogged. Plain and simple. Good luck though, I know it can be a pain in the arse. But fwiw, I think it will.
    M Coupe

Comment

Why wouldn't the visual inspection matter?

I think the enhanced test is where they pressurize the fuel tank/evap system, the adapter doesn't appear to fit our cars(didn't fit for my 91) so they waved that test.
      My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
      4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

i wouldnt worry too much it should pass.

Comment

I passed just fine after my 19lbers and mark d (flying colors), all I had to do is lean out the idle to get rid of the "idle CEL." Regarding the visual inspection though, if the intake is not stock and not CARB approved, I wouldn't be surprised if they failed you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
            I passed just fine after my 19lbers and mark d (flying colors), all I had to do is lean out the idle to get rid of the "idle CEL." Regarding the visual inspection though, if the intake is not stock and not CARB approved, I wouldn't be surprised if they failed you.
            Alright, I've got a connect that'll just say it's stock intake to pass visual. If it really runs well enough to pass then I'm just worried about the evap test, but if it doesn't fit im good to go.
            Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Right. I actually failed the evap test, but I was friendly and shot the shit with the guy there so he just gave me a new gas cap and it passed fine.

As far as the "enhanced test" goes, if your car is registered in certain areas in ca (e.g. palo alto) the test standards are more rigorous, so they'll run your car under load on a dyno as well instead of just at idle and 2500rpm.

Comment

Working...
              X