Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first call for help... HELP! Instrumet cluster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first call for help... HELP! Instrumet cluster.

I've owned this 325e for 24 hours, and already a problem. Whee!

I believe the car may be running hot, or possibly overheating. I wouldn't KNOW of course, because the temp gauge doesn't work. (I knew the tach didn't work, but didn't notice the lack of temp gauge and idiot lights.) I'm a dumb ass for sure.

After a little web surfing, it's obviously the SI board, batteries, or main board. Awesome. $200 for a good SI board. I can't find a used cluster, and even if I do, it may not work either. I'd try the battery/solder repair myself, but it seems like that doesn't usually fix the problem for others.

Does anyone have a working cluster? Or maybe a different route I should be looking at? This needs to be fixed asap- I need a temp gauge!

Does anyone have a cluster were everthing works? My spedo doesnt lots of people here have similar problems. Im sorry to hear your misfortune, when my car overheats it pisses coolant, unfortunantly when i took my sig pic my temp gauge was working.

Comment

I'm really kinda surprised there isn't someone rebuilding clusters in their garage. This seems like the universal broken part in these cars.

May be a good side business for someone. I hate solder and circuit boards WAY too much.

Comment

take your cluster apart and then have an electronics shop replace the batteries in your SI board, and take a look at the board itself in the process. You'll save yourself some money.
        sigpic

Comment

stupid question alert...

They'll be able to figure out what batteries to use, right?

Comment

talk to Jean, he has rebuilt tested SI boards all the time
            seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
            X