Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Daily Driver Thread - E30 vs Yaris?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well amusing that you want a yaris in particular. I have driven one and know someone with one. I wont say its the worst car ever. It does seem to be kinda cheap though. Feels like driving a toy, if you know what i mean. But its a toyota and is pretty reliable. there is a good amount of storage space, fits a normal sized drumset atleast... and gets good gas miliage,

hope it helps.

///B///M///W///

Comment

I upgraded from a 00 echo to a 08 honda fit. IT has better utility, same amount of head room, is more comfortable, much better interior, and, for the base price, you get all possible air-bags. None of the other cars in its class had that last part. A similarly equipped yaris was 2k more than the fit.

Things I hate about it:
      Clutch has no feel to it, and it started shuddering soon after I broke it in.
      There's a common dash rattle easily fixed.
      The battery is useless in sub-0 temp (~300CCA, i think). I replaced it with the smallest optima (over 400CCA), which barely fits. I also replaced the battery ground strap, and engine ground strap with a thicker gauge wire... those things were a joke.
      No arm rest.. I payed $300 for an imported one from japan. perfect match, tho...

Things i like about it:
      Tight steering... 2.25 turns I believe .. I wish my e30 had that.
      Very responsive brakes.
      Suspension is tight but not uncomfortable.
      Not as dorky as the Echo

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
        Mazda3

Drive one and you'll see what I mean

Comment

Originally posted by Vethen View Post
          Well amusing that you want a yaris in particular. I have driven one and know someone with one. I wont say its the worst car ever. It does seem to be kinda cheap though. Feels like driving a toy, if you know what i mean. But its a toyota and is pretty reliable. there is a good amount of storage space, fits a normal sized drumset atleast... and gets good gas miliage,

hope it helps.
          I agree, I can't see how anyone would drive one of these modern econo cars every day. I drove lots of honda fits when I was a honda tech, so I speak from first hand driving experience. They are too underpowered and small for me. I would just fix the ac in your current car and be done with it. If you fix it right it will last a long time. Or like someone else recommended a turbo diesel. There is no comparison between an e30 and a yaris, they are two completely different cars.

Comment

Toyota models usually have great A/C ....
            BMW Headlights ::

Comment

Originally posted by funcrew View Post
              Hard to tell if you're busting my balls or not. At R3V, it's always safer to assume yes. Anyway, I'm looking to trade my S52 cabbie straight across for a rust free, immaculate 3.7L M30/E30 with working A/C. Or a low-mileage Yaris. Pretty much a toss-up as far as I'm concerned.
              No, dead-ass serious. It's my old man's car, and it's a 5-spd. It's a pretty bare bones machine but the manual tranny makes it bearable. It gets about 41mpg average with me driving it all around. If there was something I could complain about, it's the tiny ass wheels and tires. Seems to get caught up on the windy days.

EDIT: And yes the A/C is immaculate.
              1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan
              Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | BBS RC090 17x8 | EAT Chip | Port + Polish | IE 284 Cam | Built valvetrain

Comment

Working...
              X