scap cats off a 02 MB clk430, value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scap cats off a 02 MB clk430, value?

I just replaced some cats on a clk430 v8 mercedes, and I want to try to make a couple bucks off the old stuff. Any rough estimate on how much they might be worth? Anyone care to reccommend a recycler in the DC/MD/VA area that will pay top dollar?
    Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

cat value dropped through the floor about a year ago. good luck unloading em.

Comment

if you are lucky you can still get around $75-$100 each. i really doubt you will be able to get anymore than that. are they still solid or do they rattle. if they rattle you will get less $ too.
      seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

One out of three are rattling, one of those is a pre-cat, are they worth anything?
        Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

Comment

they are worth something, just not what they were a year or more ago. some money is better than no money if you just let them sit. the price is not going back up high any time soon.
          seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Not sure about MB cats, but BMW switched the internals on their cats when they went to OBDII. Pre OBDII BMW cats are worth at least 2-3 times what OBDII cats are worth. The OBDII cats are called "foil" cats since the insides look like shredded up foil, the earlier ones are the honeycomb type.

Find out who the junkyards sell them to, they usually pay the most $$$. Alternatively, you can try selling them on Ebay, I had decent luck selling a few that way last year.

But as has been mentioned, the price of cats is WAY down compared to last year- due to the drop in precious metals prices.

Comment

Ditto what rig said. I had a set of cats off an E46M3 and i was sure they'd be worth a bundle. The guy I've sold a few sets of E30 cats to said they werent even worth the price of shipping.

Comment

Working...
              X