single click from starter post new motor install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

single click from starter post new motor install

Did I install something wrong or is my starter shot? The motor turns freely but when I turn it after engaging the solenoid i head the starter grinding. My old motor was hydrolocked.
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

which is it??? a single click from the starter and nothing? (most likely a bad ground or connection somewhere) or grinding bendix? did you change flywheels or mix and match starters? its hard to understand the way you wrote it
    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I used the flywheel and starter from the flooded motor. Same wiring harnes, even. So yes, single click from the starter then nothing. The solenoid is engaging but th motor isn't turning.
      "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

id check grounds and battery first pat. did you ground the motor to the chassis after the swap? ive forgotten to do this and fried a portion of my harness.
        We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I'm using a known good battery. I'll go check my grounds.

Comment

Why does the unloader relay come to mind?

Comment

Working...
            X