Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

seatbelt modifications for m3 rear seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seatbelt modifications for m3 rear seats?

Since the standard rear seats in e30 coupes seat 3 people (ergo having 3 seat belt straps/buckles) and the m3 ones sit 2 with 2 straps/buckles, would any modifications have to be made to the existing straps/buckles when trying to install the m3 ones?

I also noticed the m3 buckles are centered while the standard coupe ones arent.

yeah you'd have to drill and tap a hole to the correct size and center the seat belt buckles in the middle.

i just used the buckles are dummies as i dont plan on having anyone in my back seats

just placed the belts there for looks

Comment

Originally posted by namsayin View Post
      yeah you'd have to drill and tap a hole to the correct size and center the seat belt buckles in the middle.

i just used the buckles are dummies as i dont plan on having anyone in my back seats

just placed the belts there for looks
      :rofl: Way to go Robby. I never knew this... hahaha.
      Originally posted by z31maniac
      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
        :rofl: Way to go Robby. I never knew this... hahaha.
        fuck passengers, especially those who like to ride in the back seat.

Comment

wait, seriously? or am being punked LOL

Comment

im for serious bro

Comment

thanks man! good to know, I'm not used to getting an instant straight answer (coming from the e46fanatics crowd -_-)

Comment

haha im a pretty honest dude so yah im just tellin you what i did.. i was gonna leave them out because i didnt want to drill holes...then i said fuck it ill leave them in them to fill in the space but they arent meant to be used now

Comment

not sure if you would know this as well too but... so is it correct to assume (based on the way the buckles are setup on a nonM3) that even though I drill and tap holes correctly so that I can fit them in m3 seats, the safety would be compromised?

or simply put it, is the seatbelt harness designed differently on an M3 from the factory than the nonM?

Comment

i would say no the only difference is the placement of the buckles themselves. the non-m's have buckles that arent centered because there are two sets of them for the three sets of belts it has.

while the m3 has one set of buckles for passengers sitting on either side.

as far as compromising the safety, just make sure you tap them to the correct size and use the oem bolts and i think you'll be okay

Comment

haha i was hoping for a negative answer to save me some money on some m3 seats.. but either way much appreciated! looks like I'm going to get a set!

Comment

do it, you wont regret it

and you'll get mad interweb points!

Comment

On my coupe that just sheet metal there. Nothing to tap.... I had to drill a well placed hole, then weld in a 1/8" steel plate with a nut welded to it- Replicating the factory mounting. It's no less safe than before.

Nam, I like that leather. Like a more "natural" natur? Reminds me of my favorite lazyboy!

Comment

Originally posted by deansbimmer View Post
                            On my coupe that just sheet metal there. Nothing to tap.... I had to drill a well placed hole, then weld in a 1/8" steel plate with a nut welded to it- Replicating the factory mounting. It's no less safe than before.

Nam, I like that leather. Like a more "natural" natur? Reminds me of my favorite lazyboy!
                            ^ thats the result of the seat sitting in the sun for a few years. basically being heat baked and not in direct sunlight.

that is all getting replaced as the seats are getting reupholstered to match my recaro SR4's

Comment

Working...
                            X