Tinted e30 picture request. From 35%-60%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinted e30 picture request. From 35%-60%

I have searched and literally went through every thread, but im still undecided. Please post any pictures of your car with tints from 35%+

It's hard to decide on e30's for some reason.

Thanks.

50% all around looks tits IMO

Comment

Yea i've never had anything other than double limo 5%. But no way im gonna go that dark on my AW. I want a clean classy look.

Got any 50% pics?

Comment

If you want a clean look, especially on alpine, I'd suggest going with a ceramic tint. It may be more expensive but well worth it in my opinion.

Here's 3M crystalline 60 on my front windows,

You'd be surprised at how well it handles heat rejection for being so damn light.

Comment

This thread interests me as well. I'm removing my tint and need some ideas on what to retint it with. But from the looks of it, most of you guys don't have legal tint.

Comment

50% front, 20% rear

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

What are legal tint numbers?

Comment

not the percent tint you were looking for but just to give you an idea. Rev helped me get my tint... 20% front 15% all on the back

-Randy

1988 M3
                2000 E46

Comment

Keep in mind that glass itself blocks sunlight. I just got a ticket for my 20% but the meter read 4. Yeah, 4%. On a bright, sunny day.

Legal in SC is 35% but was told they issue warnings up to 27%

Comment

Not sure what amount it is. But I like it was on the car when I bought it. Not too dark.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

thanks for the help.

State of California allows no tint lower than 70% on front windows and no tint on the windshield. I probably got around ten tickets having on 5%s for about 3 years. From what i can see in the pictures, it looks like i'll be doing something slightly lighter than 50%.

I'm really curious to what tint that red m3 has.

keep them coming please.

Comment

THe tinit on the red m3 looks just slightly darker than what the factory put on my car

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_E30 View Post
                          thanks for the help.

State of California allows no tint lower than 70% on front windows and no tint on the windshield. I probably got around ten tickets having on 5%s for about 3 years. From what i can see in the pictures, it looks like i'll be doing something slightly lighter than 50%.

I'm really curious to what tint that red m3 has.

keep them coming please.
                          What ever the limit in VA/MD was. The previous owner had it tinted. Good job because it's been on there with no bubbles or crap for 4 years.

Thinking it's less than 30%.
                          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I have a ton of e30 pictures with tint, but im not sure about the darkness, that's why i need the owners to post up with numbers.

Post!

Comment

The tint on mine is 35% all around. I like it, its the darkest we can legally have in Oregon on a non SUV/Wagon. Looks darker than it really is since everything on and in the car is black.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X