Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 m20 e30 weatherstrip removal

Hi Guy's

How does the exterior bottom window velt weather strip get removed. The molding is my problem, how is it attached to the door? Mine is krome not black plastic..
    Thanks Barry

are you talking about the trim that sits horizontal on the drivers door at the base of the glass? its a little unclear the way you asked
    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
      are you talking about the trim that sits horizontal on the drivers door at the base of the glass? its a little unclear the way you asked
      Think so, the little rubber/felt strips that line the base of the window.

Comment

Thats right, how do you remove it? are there clips underneath? Special tool maybe?

Comment

yes there are clips that hold it to the door. take a paint stir stick or equivalent and tap upward on it. theres like 5 clips maybe. work it off slowly working your way down the door as to not kink that shit. it comes off fairly easily
          We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Thanks Steve.. I will let you know how I do..

Comment

Thanks again Steve, removed mirror and it came right off with minimal effort.
              Barry

Comment

I don't know if it helps you, but the late model inner trip that goes on top of the door panels w/o chrome is different from the early TWO PIECE chrome strip + rubber insert.

A while back I replaced the chrome ones with the late model trip and it's not exactly a perfect fit.

I am too going to replace the outer weatherstrip as well..

Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

My weather strip was original, it fell apart like a cracker. I 'm amazed that it lasted 22 years with the Florida and Texas heat. Also no rust on ledge or for that matter no rust any where.
                  Barry

Comment

Working...
                  X