No announcement yet.

Toyota Vans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"...you're gonna be doing a lot of doobie rolling when yer livin' in a van down by tha river."

I really dig the old Previas. You could even get them in the US with the 5-speed manual, although you couldn't get the manual on the S/C model. We also got the S/C model with the AllTrac 4WD system. I have to say, a 5-speed swapped S/C AllTrac would be a pretty badass and very spacious beater van. I mean, you know, if you had to get a van.
    - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
    E36 325i sedan
    E30 325i sedan
    Volvo 945T

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
      I think Toyota had a lot of problems with out-of-warranty repairs on the supercharged vans.
      Why would Toyota have problems with this? I would think that they'd love it. Strange vacuum leaks and poor running issues on a vehicle out of warranty and no engine access seems like a service department's dream come true.

Comment

One of our Alumni from our school motorsports club used to roll in a turbo dodge minivan as his daily. Pretty funny to see a 205 hp rusted shitbox pull on cars worth 15x as much haha
        http://l0st0n3.mybrute.com
        http://l0st-0n3.mybrute.com
        Work in progress: 1991 318i m50 swap

Feedback thread :up:

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
        I prefer having a female in the car at all times. They generally smell good, but you do have to put up with that hole in their face.

Comment

Originally posted by 1mz View Post
          One of our Alumni from our school motorsports club used to roll in a turbo dodge minivan as his daily. Pretty funny to see a 205 hp rusted shitbox pull on cars worth 15x as much haha

Comment

What the fuck just happened?
            - Trey

E36 325i sedan
            E30 325i sedan
            Volvo 945T

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post

j/k.... seriously tho... wat?
              1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

You've obviously never had to work on one. Those things (including Previa's) should all be destroyed.

Comment

Don't look to Canada as a source for these vans ... they all rotted out within about 5 minutes of getting off the boat here..

I've also never seen one with that vista cruiser on steroids roof package either ... all the ones I've seen here are just the basic box on wheels.

lgb240
                  lgb240

`05 E46 325xiT, `89 325i Touring, `87 911 3.2, ' 74 Caterham Super 7 , `71 240z Convertible, `71 240z, `67.5 2000 Roadster, `58 MGA x2, '56 MGA vintage racer, '04 Mini Cooper S

sigpic

Comment

One of these shit heaps killed my brother.

He was coming home after work, left hand turn at 15 to 20 MPH when a late 60's Ford Pickup hit him on the right door. The truck never even attempted to slow: blasted him at about 40 MPH. The truck had a red light, 100% at fault.

When all was said and done, there was 18" between the OUTSIDE of the front doors.

Obviously, closed casket. No normal vehicle would have crushed that bad...from the goddamn PASSENGER side!

Fuck Toyota. Fuck that ugly unsafe heap of shit.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Luke, sorry for your loss man. I never would have thought of these things as safe, but to be that unsafe almost warrants a lawsuit. It's a vulgar thought in the situation of your brother, but those things shouldn't be on the road if they are that unsafe.
                      - Trey

E36 325i sedan
                      E30 325i sedan
                      Volvo 945T

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                        One of these shit heaps killed my brother.

He was coming home after work, left hand turn at 15 to 20 MPH when a late 60's Ford Pickup hit him on the right door. The truck never even attempted to slow: blasted him at about 40 MPH. The truck had a red light, 100% at fault.

When all was said and done, there was 18" between the OUTSIDE of the front doors.

Obviously, closed casket. No normal vehicle would have crushed that bad...from the goddamn PASSENGER side!

Fuck Toyota. Fuck that ugly unsafe heap of shit.

Luke
                        Shit man, That fucking blows. I'm really sorry to hear that. :(

Comment

Guys, it was years ago, 1985 or so, when these shit heaps were new.

I am -mostly- over it.

Charles "chaz" Fisher, R.I.P.

Closing SOON!
                          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

i have one its kinda fast in stock form but it needs a turbo it smokes alot!

5-speed 2.5l turbo

Originally posted by Slangbox
                            Pretty sure if you removed the lights and plates, you'd disappear at night. Rockin' it Batman style--I like it.

Comment

hahah its a armadillo van

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X