Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help buying a 88 325i

LISTING:
    "this car is awsome its in great condition and it needs some work everything else was redone real nice the engine was rebuild all new gaskets and sensors its half euro swaped it had a 5 speed manual with straight six engine this car is fast very fast it has 210,000k miles i just dont have money or time to fix its really a loss it is red and the paint is original and has no dull spots very nice when waxed it has black rims with red line and dual tilt exhast i have racing headers and pipes it has tan interior and power windows and mirrors it has a jenson head unit and is all wired up for a system all you need is subs and amp it sounds great and runs like new so if you can put the time and money in it this is a hot car. im asking $2000 or im up for truck and plow trades the first pic is it right now the other one is awhile back"

PROBLEM & QUESTIONS……
    Seller says something with the driveshaft is messed up making it almost impossible for me to drive it home (3½ - 4 hours). Says guibo is destroyed from visual inspection and something (driveshaft I presume) is constantly thumping/shaking and even knocked the shifter so hard the clip came out and he thought he broke the transmission until he figured out all that was needed was to replace the retaining clip in the shifter…

He wants $2k.... what should I take it for?

So I’m thinking of maybe going down there on a Saturday or Sunday and replacing the said parts (Guibo, Flex disc - what else might need to be replaced?) so that I can in fact drive this project home…. Anyone have any suggestions? How easy is this repair?

Thanks guys and I look forward to joining your community!

Last edited by FREEFLOW; 11-30-2009, 11:58 AM.

sounds like a fucked guibo and center support bearing. you could probably drive it as long as you dont mash on the gas, i drove my ETA with a bad center bearing for 2 months.

I'd offer $1500, if it's as clean as he described with only that problem.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

I can only hope its that easy.

Comment

Originally posted by freeflow View Post
        210,000k miles
        210 million miles

Comment

Fuck that was the longest run on sentence ever.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

hahaha i know.... "kid" sounds young. whatever.

Comment

Working...
            X