Paypal issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal issue

just tried to make a payment throught paypal and recieved the message "unable to complete transaction due to inactivity" I got in contact with paypal and was ensured that my account was active. I tried to open a new account but it then says there is already an account using that debit card which I expected anyway. Has anyone ever experienced this and what to do?

Powered By Ford

Maybe you have this... if not, try solving with a real human.

1-888-221-1161

4AM to 10 PM PST m-f

6am-8pm PST Sat & Sun

Comment

I've not had that issue, but it is a little strange to see another problem with PayPal. I was visiting my parents yesterday and Mom asked me if I'd had trouble like she was having paying for an eBay buy-it-now transaction.

She'd found something (don't get me started on holiday gift-giving) and clicked through the buy-it-now option the seller had exercised. It was listed on eBay, she professes, but any time she clicks through to pay with PayPal (the two sites are chained up now) she is prompted through to provide a credit card number and cannot find her way past to just use PayPal.

I know eBay has recently offered to keep credit card numbers on file to help buyers and sellers pay for items and fees. I do not use this and I am glad I can still use eBay without it; it is an option and I value my security higher than my convenience. Mom does too, but no she's received no email from the seller to spell out a PayPal address to send to nor any help from eBay (yet, she was about to chat online with an eBay person when I went home).

Seeing this thread and knowing crooks like to ramp it up around the holidays makes me suspicious. Definitely call PayPal and figure out what's what.
      - Sco

Keep Our City CLEAN & SAFE Do Your Part

Comment

Originally posted by Mde36 View Post
        just tried to make a payment throught paypal and recieved the message "unable to complete transaction due to inactivity" I got in contact with paypal and was ensured that my account was active. I tried to open a new account but it then says there is already an account using that debit card which I expected anyway. Has anyone ever experienced this and what to do?
        If you have a paypal account with that debit card stored, you MUST log into that account to use that card. Think of it as a little extra line of security if someone had your credit card information. It also allows for the full Paypal Buyer Protection.

Originally posted by Scotaku View Post
        She'd found something (don't get me started on holiday gift-giving) and clicked through the buy-it-now option the seller had exercised. It was listed on eBay, she professes, but any time she clicks through to pay with PayPal (the two sites are chained up now) she is prompted through to provide a credit card number and cannot find her way past to just use PayPal.

I know eBay has recently offered to keep credit card numbers on file to help buyers and sellers pay for items and fees. I do not use this and I am glad I can still use eBay without it; it is an option and I value my security higher than my convenience. Mom does too, but no she's received no email from the seller to spell out a PayPal address to send to nor any help from eBay (yet, she was about to chat online with an eBay person when I went home).
        Ebay doesn't save CC info, Paypal does.

Also, some sellers only allow CC transactions and not bank transfers. This would cause the issue she is having.
        Last edited by JTapper; 12-02-2009, 06:52 AM.
        sigpic
        Turbo Cabrio project: http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=19677

Comment

My account is connected directly to my bank account and I know I have a couple pennies in there to easily cover what I wanted to purchase. I'll call that number and hopefully they can resolve the issue. If not I'll just have to close the account.