Strip it? Sell it? or Trade it?
Collapse
X
-
English BMW magazine that I have around here somewhere from the 90's. I don't remember the exact numbers, but the 325 Sport sold in England and other parts of Europe with the M-technik II panels has a drag coefficient that is 1/100 higher than the E30 M3.
What evidence do you have to the contrary?Leave a comment:
-
Who told you that it "cuts aero drag enough to make up for the 35lbs."? That is absolutely not true.Leave a comment:
-
Oh, another point...it's not AST/Vorshlag...it's only AST now. And we are the people to go to for AST. ; )
Cheers.Leave a comment:
-
Oh cage designs.........yeah, I think I've got a few pics/designs here I can send you, just need to find them.
Cheers.Leave a comment:
-
Your car is awesome, I say just strip out all of the unnecessary creature comforts.Leave a comment:
-
I would recommend doing everything I told you to do. ; )
Seriously, for all the effort you put into making this car the level of prep that it is, you'll probably never find one like it (meeting your standards) and no one is going to pay you for the standard you set, especially for an E30 and I, for one, can appreciate the effort/quality of work you put into it.
Strip it, prep it further for track use. Cage, suspension, lose the weight, etc. Done, kick ass.
Cheers.Leave a comment:
-
Thanks Lee, I have a very high quality bolt-in bar now, but I eventually want the added safety of a welded in cage. The cage will help to stiffen my 200k mile chassis. Hey, Elephant, where's that cage design you were going to send me? :pLeave a comment:
-
Hey Kurt
Your car is beautifull. Black with M-Tech2. M50 motor. Wow again.
Perhaps just gut the interior and fit a rollbar.
LeeLeave a comment:
-
Sorry, the M-tech II kit will stay on the car for two reasons:
1) It cuts aero drag by enough that it makes up for the 35 lbs of ABS
2) Its mounted with BMW factory clips which required a lot of drilling. I don't want to have to repair the holes--still want a decent looking car on the outside.
Yeah, I know, if I ever ball this thing up in a wall, you'll never forgive me. Look at it this way, its likely that only one or two of the pieces will get damaged.:)Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: