Resistor coil pack verification request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resistor coil pack verification request

Hey guys- want to verify a part before ordering..
    (‘91/m42/e30)
    Blower fan switch only works on ‘4’ – so after searching, learned resistor coil pack should be replaced. Tried cleaning it – no dice.

realOEM provides two part numbers. One involves a 'microfilter' that I do not *think* US cars were ever equiped with.
    For vehicles with
    NATIONAL VERSION CANADA
    Y732A=Yes 06 RESISTOR 64111370927 $49.29
    For vehicles with
    NATIONAL VERSION CANADA
    and
    MICROFILTRE
    Y732A=Yes 06 RESISTOR 09/1989 64116912633 $38.57

^copy/pasted from realOEM

Is the first one (part# 64111370927) the resistor pack I should order?

Thanks for any help.

pics of what i'm working with:

was soooooooo glad there was clearance enough to get in there without removing the plenum

original coil pack. soaked it in carb cleaner for half an hour, then rinses of contact cleaner and WD40. toothbrushes. Even if it did work - I'm the type who'd want to get a new unit in there anyway. Thought it'd be worth a shot.

Noted a boat load of air-restricting crap on the heater core fins

Only cleaning solution I could dream up was to somehow vacuum the crap off. I wanted the power of my shop vac and the reach/flexibility of a dust-buster attachment..
    Pic of dust-buster attachment taped to end of smallest shop vac attachment

It worked! Much better
    -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

I'm pretty sure you want the first one. the difference is if the car came with no a/c and a cabin air filter or not that is what they mean by microfilter and only a few Canadian cars came like that -someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here- I do believe the way to tell the difference is that the resistor block for the non-a/c Canadian cars was a blue plastic piece and the rest were brown plastic. if you had gone back one step on parts diagram and looked what the picture for microfilter was you would know this too!

Last edited by Adrian_Visser; 12-03-2009, 12:53 PM.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Working...
    X