S14 into 320iA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S14 into 320iA?

Playing with the thought of doing this swap into my facelift 320iA 1990.

I wonder if the diveshaft from the E30M3 will fit the 320iA diff?
    Is there any tricks with cables that I need to know about except from the starter interrupt device for the automatic transmission?

Thanks
    1987 BMW E30 M3 RB26
    2016 VW Polo 1.2 TSI R-Line

Originally posted by 5spoke
    Fucking norway and your sick clean ass e30's! Yes i am yelling!

The driveshaft will fit. Depending on the production date of the driveshaft, it may have an early or late style center bearing support. You may have to swap it to the late center bearing support.

Preferably you should source an engine wiring harness from a late model E30 M3 with a three pole starter. That way the electrical system during start is "unloaded" in an identical fashion.

+12V is also supplied through the round connector at pin 20 at the fusebox (C101) for certain late model cars. Ensure the wiring is the exact same on both sides of the round connector. If the chassis side is a ground, then the wires could burn up.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

My M3 is 1987 and the engine that is mounted in the car is 1990, same year as the 320iA.
      Thanks for a good answer by the way!

The round connector you are talking about is the one sitting under the plastic trim on the firewall right? Next to the brake booster.
      1987 BMW E30 M3 RB26
      2016 VW Polo 1.2 TSI R-Line

Originally posted by 5spoke
      Fucking norway and your sick clean ass e30's! Yes i am yelling!

Comment

Yes, that is the exact connector I'm talking about. It is a 20 pin connector.

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Working...
        X