Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?

fuhc dat
    Last edited by Vtec?lol; 06-16-2012, 07:42 AM.

So, is this going to just be two nuts tightening up to a metal bracket, or will there be some kind of bushing in there?

Comment

Comment

Nice to see your idea has enough merit to be in production already eh?

Post pictures if you build your own set.
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Durocco/148629038574264

Comment

It would work but heims would pretty noisy, rough and I'd be worried about them developing play prematurely. Definitely not worth it for a car that would be street driven often
          - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
            It would work but heims would pretty noisy, rough and I'd be worried about them developing play prematurely. Definitely not worth it for a car that would be street driven often
            I have to agree with JB. Also keep in mind that you will need to buy high quality, high misalignment heim joints -- not just the "general purpose" ones. I don't know if you've looked at prices, but the good ones will cost around $50 each. In this case you may be better off just buying something that is available for purchase.

But, if you do go through with it, I recommend Aurora. They make good stuff.

Comment

oh wow, I've never had an idea shitted on so hard.

Comment

You think this is having an idea shitted on hard? Talk to your friend e30slut.

BTW - you said you sold the 5 lug - what gives?
                "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Your idea has not been shat on in the least, someone asked about the design, I complimented you for having a good idea and a third person warned you about premature wear common in heim joints.
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Durocco/148629038574264

Comment

i like the idea, but you're better off using a design more like the one shown in chameleonleather's picture. the threaded section of those bearings usually aren't that long, i don't think they'd be long enough to go all the way through a tube like that.

aurora makes great bearings, there was no play in our fsae car's suspension last year with various bearings from aurora. just don't skimp on a cheaper series like TwoJ said. just because it fits doesn't mean it will last.

if you make it yourself, try not to show any threads close to the bearing itself, like in the pic you posted a link to. that'll minimize the bending loads at probably the weakest point of the bearing.

Comment

blah...
                      Last edited by Vtec?lol; 10-17-2011, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X