Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone purchaced an engine at pick-and-pull recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imdashiz View Post
    ive seen them at the PNP here for about 200 and thats half off

Now I understand why Summit IL has 50% off every Wensday! Triple your price, then cut it in half, welcome to harbor freight!

This place is like catholic school, 2/3 of the students smoke weed on a daily basis, but the faculty seems to convince the outside world that drugs are just in the other schools, the resident pot dealer thinks he's cool because he has the originality to call anyone he doesn't like a homosexual, and most of the little children follow him like sheep, then there's the few with brains, you hardly ever hear from them, perhaps don't even know they exist, but they get all the sh!t done.

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
      where are these "bmw only" junk yards!!:hitler:

We have several in the bay area and Sacramento, I can buy 2 parts cars for the price of their 1 engine

This place is like catholic school, 2/3 of the students smoke weed on a daily basis, but the faculty seems to convince the outside world that drugs are just in the other schools, the resident pot dealer thinks he's cool because he has the originality to call anyone he doesn't like a homosexual, and most of the little children follow him like sheep, then there's the few with brains, you hardly ever hear from them, perhaps don't even know they exist, but they get all the sh!t done.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigmaster
        They are required to damage the engines by pouring in "liquid glass" and then running them until they seize up.
        That's just fuckt up. Why on earth do they do that?
        -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

uhh simon have you read the c4c thread?

and over here, its like 200-230 for everything besides the a/c and alt. oil pan to the intake manifold....
          1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
          1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
          1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
          1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
          1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
          I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
            That's just fuckt up. Why on earth do they do that?

i worked at a ford dealer during this sad sad day, and yes we were required to and got paid to lock the engines up, by pouring liquid silica gel shit in the crankcase after draining the oil out. it was sad we had to but im glad i didn have to end any bmw's. the shity part was there is a list online of all the cars that had this done to them...there were GSX, svt lightings, cobra mustangs, M cars, 540i (for days), a shit ton of 7 series, it is sad.
            "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance" Taylor D.

Comment

PNP won't sell you a C4C engine anyway, and you must be blind to pull one of those w/o noticing lol.
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

75 for block. 150 complete @ my local u-pull
                harry/harout

Comment

curious, what parts are exactly affected by the c4c thing? block/head only right?
                  1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                  1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                  1994 540i - Granitsilber

Comment

Originally posted by Atreus View Post
                    curious, what parts are exactly affected by the c4c thing? block/head only right?

Pretty much, but these cars will be gone soon if not already...I saw a couple jag V12s I would have liked to take home!

Comment

In atlanta we have pull-a-part and these are our prices and they never change

4 CYL ENGINE $113.15
                      6 CYL ENGINE $124.47
                      8 CYL ENGINE $135.79

Comment

I paid $340 for a longblock with all of the accessories the other day. Was not a deal by any means, but it was not at a u-pull either. The kid pulled it for me and even helped my put it in the truck. Plus it was only 5 miles from my house. I guess it was worth it...

Comment

word of advise, buy engines from wrecked cars only.

One of the ones by me had a m50 in on of the 5 series. the body was very straight. Didn't want to chance buying a junk motor.

Comment

yeah if theres no collision damage, makes you wonder WTF is wrong under the hood.

lmao, you might get lucky, and find it was only out of gas.

haha i wish
                            1994 540i - Granitsilber

Comment

Wow, this thread has really thrived! I'm actually looking for a Chevy 400 small block from the '70s and a pair of truck heads from the 87-95 to drop in a '75 Chevy 4x4 my neighbor gave me, then I'll have to pick up some wiring, computer, and sensors for the TPI manifold I have, so I'll be rebuilding it anyway, I just buy wrecked BMWs complete, usually not much more than the cost of an engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X