Great Day at the Junkyard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Day at the Junkyard!

My buddy Jeff and I went to the junkyard today in MD. Was kinda worried when we left this morning because it was misty out and apparently we're supposed to have a flood watch later tonight. Lucky for us, it stop raining when we got there. I had to find a bunch of small parts for my e36 and he was looking for some e30 stuff. overall it was a great day, got out with a huge stash and paid a combined $75 for all of it (granted we didn't exactly pay for it all ;) ). We found 5 e36s, 2 e30s, 2 e32s, an e34 and an e39.

As we were walking over to the import section we noticed this m50 lying on the ground next to some hondas:

Thought it was kinda out of place, not exactly something you always see lying on the ground far away from another bmw, so we went to take a closer look. Damn guys dropped it and broke the e34 oil pan!!!

We did find 2 pretty intact m52s still in the engine bays, when I get some more cash I might try and pick one up for my future e30. Anyways, on to our score for the day! Jeff grabbed a perfect condition full front set of DB bumper surrounds (the bumper had a DOT-R sticker so they were practically brand new!). We also managed to find 2 3.5" MAFs, 2 sets of e32/4 window switches, Driver side Mirror housing/motor (mine is broken on my e36), Driver side window motor (already detached and sitting on the seat waiting for me), some e36 dome lights, seat belt latch mechs for the rear, an e30 map pocket coin holder, and the motor mount bolt Jeff needed to finish a lexus he's working on. Overall couldn't have been a better day! Picked up just about everything I need for the e36 minus a few a clips.

stephenbrody.com

Awesome. I really wanted to junkyard it this weekend but they're all so far away and I'm too damn busy. :(

Last time I found an uncracked dash for $30. If I can find a diff next time they only ask like $70 or something.

Comment

sounds like a good time. I keep meaning to go out to our pick and pull but have been having a string of luck with Craigslist.
      1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
      1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
      1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

Comment

Nice stuff! I could use that coin holder!
        1993 325ic Schwarz/Natur
        1991 318is Black/Black - Slicktop - Project s52
        1989 Alpine White/Black M3 S52
        1988 Henna/Pearl M3 <3

Comment

Nice man, i just went to the crazy ray's on erdman last week. There were 5 e30's and a few e36's along with m50's. Lots of good parts too, with 3 early models and 2 lates with good condition bumpers and stuff.

Comment

you're welcome for telling you where to find all that and that all of it was there ;)

Comment

You guys suck, there's NEVER any E36s at the yard here. There's rarely even any decent E30s.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerpirate View Post
                you're welcome for telling you where to find all that and that all of it was there ;)
                This is true, thanks very much to you adam!
                stephenbrody.com

Comment

If I get time Im going to go to the JY with you gues.
                  I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                  2875-C Towerview Road
                  Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

If I walked by a car and there was a 24v ALREADY OUT OF THE CAR ON THE GROUND, I would have bought that and kept it for later use or something... all the hard work of pulling it out of the car was already done for you lol.
                    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Yeah it was good times and thanks adam for the info.

Jean, I'm already 24v so I'm good. And there isn't that much room in a MINI.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30_325es View Post
                        Yeah it was good times and thanks adam for the info.

Jean, I'm already 24v so I'm good. And there isn't that much room in a MINI.
                        Grab a spare, throw it on the engine stand, do a full rebuild ;)

I swear if I walk by a car and find a b35 of m52+ already out of the car, I'll buy it and stuff it in the back of my car
                        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

All the junk yards around here are run by crusty, bitter, miserly old men who want nothing more than to squeeze as much money as possible out of every single rusty, broken part in their yard.
                          Originally posted by LJ851
                          I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
                            All the junk yards around here are run by crusty, bitter, miserly old men who want nothing more than to squeeze as much money as possible out of every single rusty, broken part in their yard.

Same here in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                              I swear if I walk by a car and find a b35 of m52+ already out of the car, I'll buy it and stuff it in the back of my car
                              We were in the Mini today, the engine is bigger than the car.

I really want to pick up one of the m52s though, that would be great to have for my future e30
                              stephenbrody.com

Comment

Working...
                              X