No announcement yet.

Anyone into e38's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id not mind a 38 sport with M parellels black on black. Nope, not at all. The sport models are a bit shorter, making them much more attractive...IMHO.
    sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

Ive been looking into buying one as a new DD, have never owned a DD with working AC/heated seats and they are getting cheap enough for me to afford. Im a mechanic so the maint. doesnt scare me.

After seeing this car, Ive really been searching!

Comment

edit: whoa. ^^^^

I would love one, but I need a better job to support it I'm sure.
        Of course, i would have to have the 6 speed put in there too.
        Gotta go with the 740i Sport as the base, though. They came with a stick in Germany, so if you can source one of those driveshafts, you don't have to get one custom done.
        Slicktop City!

Comment

I bought my '97 last year. Two owner car, super clean for $4800.00.

Great car! Drive it to and from Freso with the family twice a month and it is so comfortable.

Comment

I've always been a fan of e38s, but they definitely ain't cheap to run. We had an '01 sport in the shop last week; guy just bought it, after selling his '06 M5 :shock:.

Beautiful car, as nice as you're likely to find. He apparently spent a while searching before he found this one. Well, it needed $5k in work right off the bat. Some deferred maintenance (suspension, brakes), some preemptive repairs (cooling system overhaul), some other odds and ends (trim pieces, cupholders). $1800 in parts alone.

I wouldn't mind finding one for myself, but most I see are pretty trashed by now. My theory is that the original owners were so loaded they just didn't give a fuck and ran 'em into the ground.
            '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
            '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

Working...
            X