M3 e46 seats fit a e30 coupe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 e46 seats fit a e30 coupe ?

Whaddya think? They come with runners sooo... maybe??
    Last edited by txtorquemade; 12-29-2010, 05:12 PM.
    sigpic 1987 325is

Do you have any idea how ludicrously heavy those are?
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
    2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
    1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
    1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
    - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
    1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
    Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Cuz e30's are so sensitive to weight.
      Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
        Cuz e30's are so sensitive to weight.
        admittedly i do have an m42 car, but pulling the anvil out of the trunk of my vert made a noticeable difference.

thinking really hard about replacing my heated sports with corbeaus (-25lbs each) and replacing the rear seat with carpet next.

weight is always worth thinking about.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Not really what I asked...

Not real concerned about weight. Im more concerned that the seats I have in currently make my fking back hurt cause they slip and give me spontaneous lower back adjustments.

Literally, Ive had to go to the chiropracter cause of them. My option is to keep them lowered to the lowest setting. Not good either.

Im not out for tracking this car, if I was I would put in ltw race seats, this is my DD.

Again , anyone know if they will FIT???? Is the question!!
          sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

Close fit but will work. E46 330i seats fit in my 318i. Search.

Comment

Depends on what you mean by fit. Dimensionally? Maybe. Stylistically? Definately not.
              sigpic
              "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

just get a nice fixed back, solved my back problems!

SPEAKING OF WHICH, got one for sale :D

Comment

Someone has them in an E30, they don't look bad.

Comment

Aren't the rails different dimensions then the e30 ones? I know vaders were!

Comment

Originally posted by shiftbmw View Post
                      Depends on what you mean by fit. Dimensionally? Maybe. Stylistically? Definately not.
                      Who determines that? To each his own.

Comment

[quote=mutty;1847189]Who determines that? To each his own.[/quote]

So Im thinking....

If they come with rails, cant I just bolt them up?
                        sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

I made the adapter brackets for mine. Assuming that they carry the same track as the non-M cars, they are wider and longer than the e30 frame.

Comment

Originally posted by txtorquemade View Post
                            Not real concerned about weight. Im more concerned that the seats I have in currently make my fking back hurt cause they slip and give me spontaneous lower back adjustments.

Literally, Ive had to go to the chiropracter cause of them. My option is to keep them lowered to the lowest setting. Not good either.

Im not out for tracking this car, if I was I would put in ltw race seats, this is my DD.

Again , anyone know if they will FIT???? Is the question!!
                            do you own e30 sports seats? if you don't maybe you should invest in those instead.

I used to own e46 m3 sports seats and they werent as comfortable as the seats I have in my e30 currently.

More so than just comfort, is safety. Remember that seats are designed in relation to the car they are to be installed in. This is most noticable when trying to swap sports seats in a coupe into a sedan in an e46. Using my experience as an example, the most noticable difference when I installed m3 coupe sports seats in a sedan was the driving angle. The seats were much more inclined to compensate for the blind spot in coupes. As a result, two main factors were compromised after i installed seats that werent originally intended for my car: driving angle and the way the seat belt harnest catches me. While it is cool and good looking at first, I eventually switched back to my sedan seats realizing that it made the driving experience more dangerous and worse than stock. And these are seats designed for the e46 chassis, I can't Imagine how it'll end up in different vehicle chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                              do you own e30 sports seats? if you don't maybe you should invest in those instead.

I used to own e46 m3 sports seats and they werent as comfortable as the seats I have in my e30 currently.

More so than just comfort, is safety. Remember that seats are designed in relation to the car they are to be installed in. This is most noticable when trying to swap sports seats in a coupe into a sedan in an e46. Using my experience as an example, the most noticable difference when I installed m3 coupe sports seats in a sedan was the driving angle. The seats were much more inclined to compensate for the blind spot in coupes. As a result, two main factors were compromised after i installed seats that werent originally intended for my car: driving angle and the way the seat belt harnest catches me. While it is cool and good looking at first, I eventually switched back to my sedan seats realizing that it made the driving experience more dangerous and worse than stock. And these are seats designed for the e46 chassis, I can't Imagine how it'll end up in different vehicle chassis.
                              Kinda hard to believe that it would make that big of a difference.
                              Also e30 sport seats are the worst design in my opinion, they literaly have no upper body support, I've watched myself fly around in a video of me auto-xing.

Comment

Working...
                              X