What's up with Craigslist???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with Craigslist???

I just ried to post my car up for sale in both Portland and Seattle, and it's asking me to create an account and log in? Since when? Seems fishy, like some kind of scam. Anyone know anything about this?

Yup, new thing.

Cool thing is that you will be able to "track" your ads and keep copies of them.

I thought it kinda cool, but might be "phishy"

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I've had an account for about a year now. It makes listing adds a lot quicker. No email conformation/keyword stuff.
      -tim
      Originally posted by Jordan
      I like the stance
      -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

makes it easier to post but ive already had a fake ad posted under my account, not sure how so i just changed my password
        1986 5.0 Mustang - Sold, regretfully
        1975 Yamaha xs500 twin DOHC - winter project for spring
        1988 325ix

sigpic

Comment

Just remember this BS: You're going to get emails time to time telling you that the "Craigslist Staff" needs to verify your account for some BS, and it will send you to a fake login that looks exactly like the real one. Look at your Address Bar each time you login to make sure it isn't something else.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Just remember this BS: You're going to get emails time to time telling you that the "Craigslist Staff" needs to verify your account for some BS, and it will send you to a fake login that looks exactly like the real one. Look at your Address Bar each time you login to make sure it isn't something else.

Edit: see...
            Originally posted by GetSlideways View Post
            makes it easier to post but ive already had a fake ad posted under my account, not sure how so i just changed my password

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
            X