is this a scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this a scam?

my dad's looking for a pre-owned AWD Bmw. 3 or 5-series.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Yes, and if not, its already sold.
    turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
    Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

scam fo sho wonder what they do with your info

Comment

They're usually the people who tell you that they're overseas (Nigeria, south africa, etc) and if you send them the money or a deposit, they'll have the car shipped to you. It's a waste of time emailing them.

If any deals sounds too good to be true, then you better believe it (most of the time).

Comment

Yea, that's my car. The email's wrong. You'll want to paypal the money to me.
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

maybe that's your down payment before you take over his lease?

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
            i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
            Originally posted by slammin.e28
            Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

theres no way its NOT a scam..
              Josh

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159843

Comment

If you cruise CL awhile you will notice an ad like this almost daily. Yes they are scams. No ... you did NOT find a great deal.

If its too good to be true...its a scam. Always!!
                sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

Originally posted by zmt325 View Post
                  scam fo sho wonder what they do with your info

I'm trying to sell some stuff on CL and always get "someone" who wants to buy it, but wants my name, address and info so they can mail a money order.

What can they do with that info?

Comment

Originally posted by ACMF74 View Post
                    I'm trying to sell some stuff on CL and always get "someone" who wants to buy it, but wants my name, address and info so they can mail a money order.

What can they do with that info?
                    Most likely for marketing (e.g. junk mail, spam email, etc.) Some headhunters do this all the time advertising for jobs that doesn't really exist just to collect bunch of resumes so they can tell companies how many are in their database. Or they can just be a serial killer looking for their next prey :)

Comment

i once found a 05 or so ford explorer for $1000, so I called the guy and he immediately said after I said hello, "the ad has a typo, it's $10000 not $1000". So it could be a typo, but I doubt that BMW is worth $37000.
                      "get in, get off, wipe your dick off on her sheets and get out."

Comment

ok ok ok,

Ive been emailing this guy back and fourth for fun....

To: bratboy2006@hotmail.com
                        Subject: Re: 330xi
                        Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 23:42:48 -0500

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my car.This is a 2002 BMW 3-Series 330xi, Sedan 4D,3.0L I6 EFI,AWD, 6 Cylinder Gasoline,Silver exterior with Gray Leather interior,Automatic Transmission,Non-Smoker,only 66,000 miles on it.New Tires, New Brakes,Fully Loaded.The car has been well taken care of, always kept in the garage.Flawless exterior/interior condition,no scratches, no dents.No rust on the car.It has never been involved in an accident.This car is ultra-clean.It comes with US clear title.Have original manuals and all keys,all the maintenance paperwork, oil change.

Here you can find more pictures of the car : http://s839.photobucket.com/albums/zz319/jkegn3/
                        (if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window).

I'm an US Air Force Sgt currently stationed in Alaska. And the car is here with me.The price is $3,700.00 including shipping from AK and delivery to your home address.The price is reduced for an immediate sale.If you decide to buy this vehicle and need further information please get back to me as soon as you can.

Thank you!
                        Sgt. Jake Egan

I will have the car shipped from Alaska by an US Air Force cargo plane so there won't be any additional shipping costs. Also I will arrange for a truck to transport the car to your home address or, if you like, you can pick it up from the nearest airport in your area. Shipping will take 3-5 days, depending on your location.Shipping will be door to door,to your home address,somebody must be home when the car arrives to sign for the reception.The car will arrive with all the papers and documents required for registration and the keys. The clear title and the bill of sale will be already signed by me.

The payment will be done through eBay.You will send the money to eBay and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will notify me to proceed with the shipping. I will ship the car, you will receive it and you will have 5 days for inspection, both the car and the paperwork and the option to accept or reject the car.The inspection time period will begin as soon as you sign for receiving the car at your requested address.During all this time eBay will hold the money into a trust account.So, this is not a blind transaction,you can see the car before decided to buy it.If you are satisfied with the car and decide to keep it you inform eBay about this and they will release the money to me. If the car is not as advertised and decide not to keep it eBay will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back the car will be my concern. I think this is more than fair for the both of us.Please take into consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the car and make sure everything is as agreed.

If you agree with these terms and you have the money, send me your full name,phone# ( home and cell) and the address where you want the car to be delivered to and I will initiate the transaction with eBay. You will receive all the transaction details from them.I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Thank you
                        Jake

-----Original Message-----
                        To: jkegn@aol.com
                        Sent: Sat, Feb 6, 2010 11:55 am
                        Subject: RE: 330xi

Where do I send $? This is me <<<

The payment will be done through eBay. I'm under Contract with eBay which states that we can close the deal using their service.Very Important, Only after you will receive the car, eBay will release the money to me.

The money needs to be sent per ebay's instruction, you will then give payment details to eBay only. After they verify funds, I will be notified to proceed with the shipping instructions. Upon the delivery and verification of the correct vehicle, you will notify ebay of a successful transaction, so they can release the funds to me.

In order to start the deal I need YOUR FULL NAME and SHIPPING ADDRESS so I can register the transaction with eBay. They will let you know what you have to do for the payment.

Thanks

Sent: Sun, Feb 7, 2010 6:49 am

id rather just send cash in the mail...

to your address, is that ok?

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Let me inform you that the amount to be paid to ebay is $2990,the balance being paid in cash once you receive the vehicle. This will be the transport taxes and the insurance for the transport ($710).So when you receive the vehicle you'll give the delivery person the remaining amount in cash.

I've sent our details to ebay earlier today. Can you please check your email for the invoice.It may occur that your e-mail doesn't support HTML language. So please check your junk/spam/ messages, the invoice may have ended there because of the ever increasing filters of the e-mails nowadays.

Let me know

Sent: Mon, Feb 8, 2010 11:12 am

This is my dads email....

But my name is Anthony Barnes

4602 blue canyon st.
                          Samameth WA, 97131

I sent him fake info and he sent me a legit looking invoice....fake town, address etc

Comment

Comment

When you went to click did it take you to some sketchy site or something?
                              Originally posted by z31maniac
                              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Working...
                              X