just fixed my exhaust leak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just fixed my exhaust leak...

and Wow what a difference. no longer sounds like a tin harley. sounds nice.

headers, and an IE catback from a few years back. the headers were leaking, then i broke off a mounting tab on a speedbump and had another hole.. It all sounded terrible. But now its great!

My butt dyno even tells me there was a little bit of power re-gain.

but my CEL (1221) still hasnt gone out

The CEL might need to be reset by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

un plug your battery for 30 seconds then hook it back up. that should clear the check engine light if you fixed the problem. if it still comes back on, then you have another issue.

EDIT: damn he beat me to it^^
      sigpic

Comment

Isn't an alternative to unhooking the battery is to hold the gas pedal down for at least 10 seconds after all the codes have cycled through when you do the stomp test?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/tech...de_reading.htm

Comment

it will still come on. its not always on. but its not always off either.

ive been through EVERYTHING in the engine bay, i shouldnt have a vacuum leak. fuel system is good too, new pump-> injectors. ive been chasing this thing forever.

Comment

i just noticed that chart says that the 1000 code is given when all codes are done being shown.. mine just repeats the 1221 forever.

anyone care to shine some light on this?

Comment

It's probably flashing 1, 2, 2, 1, and then 1, you're probably not catching the last 1...it will continue to loop back through the same code until you turn the key off, or press the pedal down to clear it.

Gotta be something with your O2 sensor

Comment

weird. its a new sensor, it was when i installed the headers, thats when it started really never going away. it was the 1222 for a long time, then i fixed the last of my vacuum leaks and it went to the 1221 now.

i dont understand what would make it foul so easy, its the second sensor sense the code.

and the code i get now is for sure.. loong light, pause, blink, pause, blink, blink, pause, blink, blink, pause, blink, long pause, long light, repeat 1,2,2,1, etc..

could running the 1222 code for so long cause the o2 sensor to go bad?

Comment

Clear the code by unplugging the battery or doing the stomp test.

With the engine completely cold, start it up...does the light come on immediately, or after the engine has been running for a while?

If it comes on after you have been running for a while and you get code 1221 again, then it almost certainly the 02 sensor...

I would pull it out anyway and inspect it....it might be clogged up for some reason.

Comment

thanks ill look at it.

it comes on after driving. sometimes it goes away with a WOT stomp (o2 gets ignored)

Comment

Working...
                    X