NEWB question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEWB question

I've never done this before - so don't laugh at me. How do you remove an ES airdam and sheetmetal valence? I've never messed with diving boards. Also, how do you take a fender off?

TIA
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
    I've never done this before - so don't laugh at me. How do you remove an ES airdam and sheetmetal valence? I've never messed with diving boards. Also, how do you take a fender off?

TIA
    No idea... mine fell off. :rofl:
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Pat, doesn't the Bentley manual cover fender removal? Not sure about the valence removal as mine is still US (sigh) but after I do the euro valence, I'll gladly post up a DiY.

Good luck.
      - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
      E36 325i sedan
      E30 325i sedan
      Volvo 945T

Comment

there are nuts on the backside of the db, remove those
        two bolts for each bumper shock, remove those
        then there are a bunch of 8mm head screws in various places around the valance, remove those
        should be some 10mm and or 11mm bolts and nuts holding on the airdam

fender has screws along the top and two in side the fender vertical towards the rear, and one or two inside towards the front, one more on the very bottom of fender towards the rear

once you get the bumper and trim off it should be pretty obvious

hope this helps, nOOb:)

oh yeah, fender liner needs to come out too
        -Andy

Comment

Fender liner comes out and there's three-four bolts on the inside of the fender. Don't forget about the ones on top OR the bolt hidden on the outside, bottom of the fender. Usually it's covered pretty thick with the rubberized coating. Be prepared to get dirty. Once a fender comes off, you see 18+ years of road dust/grime/goo/nasty-ness.
          Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

You need to remove your front bumper to get to the last screw of the fender, which is right above the sidemarker iirc.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

TexasTerp will make fun of you...

ES Front spoiler sits on 3 brackets that connect to the valence. If you still have you under-tray, remove 10mm plastic nuts on each side and drop it. There are two small brackets on each side of the spoiler that mount to the valence, remove them. Of 3 brackets (if they're not broken) each bracket of the spoiler has 2 nuts/bolts, all 10mm. Unscrew them. Them pull spoiler off.

Remove diving boards. 2x13mm bolts at each bumper shock. Valence is connected to fenders on each side by headlights and one screw on each side by wheels. You'll have to remove rubber plastic covers. Then there are 2 screws holding valence to the radiator support. Remove all those and you'll have valence off.

Comment

Working...
              X