318is exhaust options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

318is exhaust options

I heard that the M42 is the worst with aftermarket exhaust. The stock exhaust rasp does bother me but I dont want anything loud like a Honda ;) Someone suggested Remus or Supersprint catbacks. Does anyone has a sound clip of both exhausts? Thanks in advance :)

Remus or Supersprint? Who has the best deal new or Does anyone have one that they want to sell? Let me know.

this is a supersprint cat back system on a 1991 318is and chipped by mark D'sylva

About as classy as you can get for the m42.
    To get it you have to wait until Turner does a group buy I believe. Once they have 20 buyers, they talk to Italy, get them made up and sent out.
    I should have let you hear mine at the san bruno meet but I need to get something welded on it so it doesn't rattle. Hopefully getting that sorted out soon.
    Matt
    Last edited by ayemattyyy; 02-12-2010, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I have a Magnaflow 11265, stock cat, stock headers, and a 20" cherry bomb. There isn't really any rasp unless it's cold, and it sounds pretty darn good. It is a little loud, though. All said and done, it was less than $200 with stainless piping and welds and everything. The red also burned off at the first trackday, so it doesn't look like crap, either.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

I have a Magnaflow on mine... sounds like a damn Honda when you are sitting still and revving. But from afar [watched a friend run it at the autocross] it sounds pretty good.

IMO i would rather use a stock muffler, they are quiet when driving around and dont sound bad when you get on it.

Originally posted by vlad
        Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Working...
        X