'88 325 4-door 5sp - Whats a good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'88 325 4-door 5sp - Whats a good deal?

After talking to dude8383, I decided to get myself an E30 to play around with. I came across this car and wanted to know how much do you think its worth.

I can NOT look at the car before buying, so I have to be prepared for the worst. This is the info that I have:

1988 BMW 325 4-Door
    132,891 Miles (spedo could be broken)
    5 speed
    power windows, power locks, sunroof, A/C

Hood doesn't seem to be closing properly, CHECK ENGINE light is on, and engine sounds rough. There are many dents and scratches and car might have been painted.

I am looking to buy a cheap manual car to learn how to drive manual and learn basics of working on cars.

CARFAX INFO:
    It is 1 owner car from Virginia!!!

09/17/1988 2,790 Virginia
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Falls Church, VA Title issued or updated
    Title or registration issued
    Exempt from odometer reporting
    08/30/1993 53,740 Virginia
    Inspection Station
    Fairfax, VA Failed emissions inspection
    Passed emissions inspection
    08/08/1995 75,497 Virginia
    Inspection Station
    Falls Church, VA Passed emissions inspection
    09/28/1999 97,180 Virginia
    Inspection Station
    08/23/2001 104,665 Virginia
    Inspection Station
    09/17/2001 Virginia
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Falls Church, VA Title or registration issued
    08/01/2002 Virginia
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    08/07/2003 Virginia
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    06/17/2004 112,614 Maryland
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Bowie, MD
    Title # Title or registration issued
    New owner reported

So, whats your verdict? How much do these things go for?

Thanks!
    Last edited by MrSlacker; 02-20-2010, 08:27 PM.
    My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

wouldnt pay more than 1500 just at a glance

Comment

i second the 1500....its gonna need some tlc....btw if you want to get rid of the door cards ill totally buy them...
      M3 springs w/bilstein hd's, IE 22/19mm sway bars, front IE stress bar, complete suspension rebuild, IS interior.
      Crew chief for BBQ2U Racing: James Crivellone, John Parker, Chris Anderson, Ben Wilson, George Howe, Will Kellog, Jim Cissell
      BBQ2U Racing, Best of Intentions Racing

Comment

Originally posted by bmwsun View Post
        i second the 1500....its gonna need some tlc....btw if you want to get rid of the door cards ill totally buy them...
        Whats "TLC"?
        My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by MrSlacker View Post
          Whats "TLC"?
          Come on you should know this...
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TLC_(TV_channel)

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
          You are lucky your Dad didn't pull out and leave you on the passenger side seat.

Comment

That stands for tender loving care, but in reality it means the car needs a fair amount of work on things the owner doesn't/didn't give a shit about. So you should be prepared to fix annoying cosmetic issues and random broken shit that people seem to forget about after the newness of their bimmer wears off. Like those passenger window switches -- I mean, how do you rip em out then just say fuck it and be cool with that? Of course, if you just want this car to learn manual on, have some fun in, then dump it, you might not care either... but you can do that for a lot cheaper with an old civic or something.

Overall it doesn't look like a bad car, the seats look good and the paint is decent (would be awesome if that was original..). But I'd be weary since you can't go look at it. Auction?

Comment

Originally posted by Be30mer View Post
              Come on you should know this...
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TLC_(TV_channel)
              lmao

Originally posted by recall View Post
              That stands for tender loving care, but in reality it means the car needs a fair amount of work on things the owner doesn't/didn't give a shit about. So you should be prepared to fix annoying cosmetic issues and random broken shit that people seem to forget about after the newness of their bimmer wears off. Like those passenger window switches -- I mean, how do you rip em out then just say fuck it and be cool with that? Of course, if you just want this car to learn manual on, have some fun in, then dump it, you might not care either... but you can do that for a lot cheaper with an old civic or something.

Overall it doesn't look like a bad car, the seats look good and the paint is decent (would be awesome if that was original..). But I'd be weary since you can't go look at it. Auction?
              Yeah, the car is at an auction. Its only about an hour drive, but with tolls and other shit, I don't think its worth the drive. I am not planning to pay anything close to how much they go for on forums or craigslist so I have some money left to fix it up. I am not too worried about little things since the car is so cheap.

Does anyone have any idea what trim it is? Since there is no leather, I am guessing it is the 325e, but im not sure.
              My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Comment

Haha a warm welcome indeed!

I haven't even had a chance to look at your email because I'm too hammered to comprehend anything right now.

I'm glad that the E30 bug has bitten you though :)
                IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

looks clean and untouched, so generously $2500 is my appraisal.

Comment

last registered in MD. know where the vehicle is located? might be able to get one of the MD guys to look it over for you if you want.

I'd say $1500 for it.

Comment

Originally posted by recall View Post

thank you! i am glad at least one person can understand what i am saying:)
                      M3 springs w/bilstein hd's, IE 22/19mm sway bars, front IE stress bar, complete suspension rebuild, IS interior.
                      Crew chief for BBQ2U Racing: James Crivellone, John Parker, Chris Anderson, Ben Wilson, George Howe, Will Kellog, Jim Cissell
                      BBQ2U Racing, Best of Intentions Racing

Comment

interior looks kinda cool

Comment

2500 at most with all the probable engine problems. from the pics it looks clean but I'm sure there are plenty of scratches we can't see.
                          stephenbrody.com

Comment

I am honestly not planning to pay more than about $1000-$1200 including delivery to me. I'd pay more if it wasnt ETA and had leather.

Funny thing is that I work at a dealership and we NEVER get any manual cars. I spent all day yesterday looking at E30s and lusting after one. Today I come in to work late and there is a lady trading in her 1996 Nissan Altima 5spd!! Needless to say, I just got myself a 96 Altima for about $500 :D:D

Hopefully I'll have 2 manual cars to play around with tomorrow
                            My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Comment

Working...
                            X