Momo Steering Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Momo Steering Wheel

I was wondering if you guys could help me identify this steering wheel. Ive had it around for awhile and never identified it. On the back it says-
    Made In Italy
    4 - 80

It has the hub attached as you can see in the pictures, would this work on our cars? Whats it worth? Im thinking of using it. Its in good shape, but doesn't have a horn.

Thanks! Heres pictures-

seems to me that the hub definitely fits an e30, looks just like the original. Nice steering wheel by the way, small diameter and is awesome, now if u were to use and wanted a horn, the best would be to drill it and insert a button, u would also have to use a coil cord for the turns I guess, would be better if u just install the horn on the dashboard or something, unless your used to using the horn alot for when people get in ur way. LOL

Comment

Thanks for the information. Its a neat steering wheel, but if its worth something I would rather sell it than modify it onto my car.

Comment

Originally posted by e30_Drift_Spec View Post
        seems to me that the hub definitely fits an e30, looks just like the original. Nice steering wheel by the way, small diameter and is awesome, now if u were to use and wanted a horn, the best would be to drill it and insert a button, u would also have to use a coil cord for the turns I guess, would be better if u just install the horn on the dashboard or something, unless your used to using the horn alot for when people get in ur way. LOL
        wat

that wire coming up from the hub is connected to the horn contact ring on the bottom of the hub. this makes contact with the little springy rod sticking out at the bottom of the steering column. when this wire or the springy rod are grounded, the horn sounds. what you need is a momo style horn button that has part of the spring sticking out of the side of the button. this acts as your ground. you connect that wire coming up from the hub to the center terminal of the horn button, and the wire piece of the spring coming out the side will ground to the hub, usually with a grounding ring between the hub and the wheel. when you push the button, the wire is grounded to the hub and makes the horn honk.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
        i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
        Originally posted by slammin.e28
        Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

That is a momo Prototipo...they still manufacture it.

I have one in my car and love it, looks great

88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
          85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

how much you thinking of selling it for?
            "get in, get off, wipe your dick off on her sheets and get out."

Comment

Im not sure what its worth, but pm me an offer. Im guessing $150-$200 since its from the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                wat

that wire coming up from the hub is connected to the horn contact ring on the bottom of the hub. this makes contact with the little springy rod sticking out at the bottom of the steering column. when this wire or the springy rod are grounded, the horn sounds. what you need is a momo style horn button that has part of the spring sticking out of the side of the button. this acts as your ground. you connect that wire coming up from the hub to the center terminal of the horn button, and the wire piece of the spring coming out the side will ground to the hub, usually with a grounding ring between the hub and the wheel. when you push the button, the wire is grounded to the hub and makes the horn honk.

didnt pay too much attention to the wire there, but yea ur right, I figured it would be like most small diameter wheels that dont have the horn. :pimp:

Comment

Working...
                X